Author Topic: Loving The New PCR!  (Read 2285 times)

Offline smbob

Loving The New PCR!
« on: April 03, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »
I recently picked up a 75 D PCR.
As with all of my new pistols I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it thoroughly.

I put a set of Cool Hand grips on it and a MCARBO  spring kit.
The first time I took it out about 3 weeks ago I had some feeding issues. I put about 100 rounds of my reloads through it using AA #7 and a 124gr fmj bullet. This round shoots well in all of my other 9mm pistols. For some reason I was getting a lot of stove pipes with the PCR. I kept putting rounds through it and figured it just needed some break in.
Last weekend I went back out for another session. I had cleaned and oiled the PCR. I still got the occasional stove pipe. I found a couple of boxes of some 124gr fmj that I had reloaded using AA #2. Presto! Not one malfunction! Lighter recoil too! Accuracy was outstanding too! I was nailing empty shotgun shells at 20-25 ft almost every shot. I was blown away! Love this PCR!
I loaded up some more rounds with the AA #2 for next time. I want to get a bunch more rounds down the pipe to prove the reliability out. This is one sweet pistol!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:24:48 PM by smbob »

Offline Rotorflyr

Re: Loving The New PCR!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 04:33:35 AM »
Which pattern of Cool Hands did you go with?

Offline smbob

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »
Sunburst Coyote.

Offline Scooterguy45

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 10:53:58 AM »
Mine wouldn't feed the steel wolf rounds. Same with my current p01. But it's a magazine issue. They don't even want to load. Too much friction. The cz mags iv always used want brass. But so far thats the only issue iv ran into