Author Topic: The CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper  (Read 12544 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
The CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:08:05 PM »
Well the pictures aren't as good as I wanted them, but I forgot the stand. I'll get better picks and post those later. I just wanted to get a CZ Model posted to go with that BRNO and my VZ24 .338 Winchester Magnum

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: The CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »
Thats a nice rifle, although I really like the CZ 750 sniper. I guess because of the stock, and its cheaper. (LOL!) Reminds me of my HK SR9TC, only its bolt action. If that 550 had a different stock on it, I'd be all over it. Bolt guns are great for hunting. (Deer and Zombies.)

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:23:26 PM »
     OH, this has a bolt action, And it has Magazines that hold 4 and or 5 rounds. I really like the weapon with one exception the stock at the very front of the weapon is not fixed to the weapon for some reason and I keep forgetting to call CZ-USA and ask if that's right or not. Seems weird that I can pull the front of the stock away from the barrel by more than an inch. Any thoughts anyone?

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

james

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 03:00:01 AM »
Seems weird that I can pull the front of the stock away from the barrel by more than an inch. Any thoughts anyone?

If it has a floating barrel (I'm sure it must) then the stock doesn't need to and shouldn't be attached to the barrel.  There are some high speed long range rifles ive seen that hardly have any contact between the barrel and stock.  I don't know what they are called, but anyway... As long as it doesn't seem "wrong" then I bet it's how they designed it.  Did you ever call and ask?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:07:16 PM »
 :embarrassed: no but then I figure out it wasn't my 550 thathad the problem it was my Siaga .308. And thank you for posting, Now I feel allot better, and I have learned something new which is what I really love. Thanks again.

james

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
No problem, I like that rifle.  I may have to try and find one of those.  They hard to find?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
           Actually the 550 Urban Counter Sniper .308, is still available from CZ-USA and most likely other places also. The Saiga I'm not sure but I believe I just saw one up for auction on GunBroker.com or AuctionArms.com not sure which. The Saiga that I have, I bought from a friend last Christmas, Just haven't had time to get to shot it. Thinking very hard about selling it, but I think I paid more than it was/is really worth (I did it to help out a friend and it was near Christmas which is why I even bought it.) so I'm trying to decide how much of a bath I want to take if I sell it. I need to look up that receipt also.

james

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »
Is it in working order?  And how used is it you think?  If you're thinking of selling it I might be interested if it's in good shape. 

james

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »
I read the other thread you posted when you got it and I remember you finding out you may have overpaid.  Ill help you out and pay a good price for it if you do decide to get rid of it and you'd be willing to go through the FFL stuff - unless you live in Colorado then thats a non-issue.  Let me know.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »
            Thank you for your offer, I'll keep it in mind, very much in mind but I'll have to wait till Jan to sort through the receipts and find  what I did pay for it. Actually that's one of the things my daughter is going to help with when she comes to visit for Christmas next week.

We are talking about the Saiga correct? And it's in almost new condition as far as I know. I fired maybe 20 rounds through it and I don't think my friend used it hardly at all.

james

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »
Yes I was talking about the Saiga.  As far as waiting til Jan or whatever that's fine - I'd really like to get my hands on it so I can be patient.  Ill hold off on buying anything too crazy til you make your final decision  :grin:

So, yeah.  Keep me in mind and let me know when/if you are ready to let her go.

BTW I found the original post where you said you paid $900 if that helps: http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=140.0

Thanks a ton!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:13:57 AM by james »