Author Topic: VZ 24 Quarterbore  (Read 3611 times)

owlcreekok

VZ 24 Quarterbore
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:53:02 AM »
The CZ 527 Varmint I have on order is the only foray I have made toward owning what modern folk call a "CZ" rifle. However, Czech worksmanship on the Mauser action is very dear to me. With an artist wife of Czech heritage, I am regularly encouraged to exercise the right side of my brain. Mostly I fail, but the left side seems to work on occasion.

This rifle is now finished, sorry no good pic of it in its present glory. Maybe soon I can get Her Majesty to snap a few of it. I would not trade this rifle for any number of 700's, 70's, Wyby, or any other whiz bang modern bolt action.

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/owlcreekok/library/VZ%2024%2025%2006

owlcreekok

Re: VZ 24 Quarterbore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:38 AM »
I am missing something I guess. While I have been on internet forums for some time (mostly those running VBulletin) I have sure failed here so far. I wanted this to be a new thread. Instead, I seem to have posted to an existing one. I DID look hard at the controls, and THOUGHT I had started a new topic.

Apologies all around. If an admin would care to open a thread and move this, I would be somewhat relieved, FWIW.

:angel:

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
Welcome to our forum!! Your not missing anything, you did start a new thread/topic. Its very hard to beat CZ. Looking forward to seeing pics.....

Again, welcome to our forum
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

owlcreekok

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:51:35 PM »
Looks from this end like it is under the fella's VZ 24 .338 thread.

Would not be the first time I had a temporary lapse of reason.

hehe

I think the pic link should show a fair amount. I will hopefully drag it out to the range soon for another shoot with camera and trigger.

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
The VZ 24 .338 is actually the board itself, so you are where you should be!! :cool:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad