Author Topic: P10F slide locks open on recoil. Wont feed another round.  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Shempatolla

P10F slide locks open on recoil. Wont feed another round.
« on: March 15, 2020, 04:59:59 PM »
Hello all.  I have a P10F I purchased new in June 2019.  Since I've had it I've had a recurring issue with the slide locking open on recoil.  It wont feed another round.  Its not every round, and sometimes not every magazine.  But its a regular issue.  Its been back to Wolverine Supply in Winnipeg as theyre the Canadian warranty center.  Essentially they did nothing, sent it back, said its fine.  The day it came back I went straight to the range.  Ran 50 rounds through it, then on the 6th mag, same issue.  I videod the range session and photographed the stoppages.  Took the gun back to my retailer, between he and I we seem to think the issue is with the slide stop spring. ????????

My question is have any of you encountered this issue?  If so, were you able to find a remedy.  I've tried several different manufacturers ammo in both 115 grain and 124 grain.  No difference.
I would love to purchase another CZ firearm, but if they aren't going to stand behind their product, Im hesitant to do so.  :cry: [size=78%] [/size]

Offline jolly_roger

Re: P10F slide locks open on recoil. Wont feed another round.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 06:46:49 AM »

May be related to the grip on the gun? Maybe you are lifting she slide lock with the thumb without noticing it!

To me, it happened the other way round!
I've been shooting 75's for a long time and switching to P10F got me into position of resting my dominant hand thumb in the air instead of keeping it along the frame, all because of getting used to press the safety with the thumb and against the frame (on the Shadows mostly). Doing this with the P10 caused the slide to fail locking back on empty (I was pressing the slide lock down), so I adjusted the position of the thumb a little higher and guess what: I began having feeding failures with lighter loads because now I was applying a brake on the slide!
Therefore I ended up with an odd positioning of the thumb, admiring my nail art!

Offline Dawayner

Re: P10F slide locks open on recoil. Wont feed another round.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »
I have just started having the same problem with my CZ P10c. Less than 300 rounds fired and the slide stays open. I release the magazine, re-insert it, and it won't chamber a round. I purchased this firearm in mid-December of 2019. I took it back to wher eI bought it, and they seem to think it is the recoil spring placement. There seems to be a "curved" groove that the spring must rest in.  This theory was proven with snapcaps and not real ammo. The ammo that I have put through my CZ is 9mm 115 gr. The only brands have been Remington, Federal, and Winchester. Perhaps there is something mysteriously wrong with the recoil spring. Before sending it back to CZ-USA, I am going to try replacing it.