Author Topic: CZ Pre-B 75 Question  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Handgunner00

CZ Pre-B 75 Question
« on: December 15, 2019, 02:19:24 PM »
Am interested in a 1985 CZ 75 in near mint condition with flawless functionality and a very few minor age marks on the frame. Its waffle grips are original and also in flawless condition. It comes with one mag and no box or papers. Question: Is there a market for this classic firearm with an increasing value to collectors and discriminating shooters? I don't find much info available on Pre-B 75s, so would welcome insights from fellow Forum members. Thanks. 

Offline dmac

Re: CZ Pre-B 75 Question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 05:04:59 PM »
New here and my 1st post. I see older B models for auction in very poor shape for 150 to 300. if I wanted one more project it may be fun but I would rather be shooting. Last summer I purchased a 75 SA only. I just had to have it as they were discontinued 2018. It may or may not be a good  investment at 595. I purchased my 1st CZ 75 (a compact) for work in 1999 for 450. I think If I wanted to sell I may get my 450 back but what would I want to buy? Getting to my point slowly. I won the bid for a CZ75 last summer at the big New Hampshire auction. I got it for 350.00 +61.00 commission and it looks cleaner than my new SA. This thing for 411. is new old stock or was very lost in the back of a safe. It is dated 96, 1 year earlier than my compact at 97. It came with cardboard cover, case, 2 mags, book and dated test target. Try to buy them right, use it and have priceless enjoyment.  Dennis

Offline Joco34

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 04:55:58 AM »
The old CZ 75's are great pistols but have a pretty fragile finish that chips easier than the new B models.  If you want to have a collectable pistol it would mean using it very little which seams a shame for such a great pistol.
CZ P-01, CZ 75 pre B, CZ 75B CCCP.

Offline Handgunner00

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:14 AM »
Agree. Gave up on a vintage Pre-B75 and bought a new 75B - and have no regrets. This is a great shooter.

Offline old tanker

• "Best job I ever had!"
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
My CZ-75 was purchased new from the Grafenwöhr Rod & Gun Club in 1978.  It has been, and still is a solid working gun. Burned up a bunch of M882 9mm GI ball after it became easy to get.

Offline Handgunner00

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »
When you were buying your CZ 75 in the Graf Rod and Gun Club, I was buying handguns in the Heidelberg Rod and Gun Club. Agree - best job I ever had, too. Your CZ 75 must have markings indicating "Made in Czechoslovakia," thus some added value to collectors. To me this CZ would be a keeper.

Offline old tanker

• "Best job I ever had!"
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »
It does indeed say "Made in Czechoslovakia." A bigger plus is the trigger on a Pre-B is a bit crisper and cleaner. The down side is good magazines are harder to find.  Of course, when I bought mine, they were not commercially available in CONUS, so I stocked up on magazines when they were cheap and easy to get.

As an aside, a few MAC flight crewmembers did a brisk trade with the Rhein-Main airbase Rod & Gun Club buying CZ-75s to resell until the rules changed requiring at least 90 days in-country to be eligible to import on Form 6, Part 2.