Author Topic: New CZ 527 Carbine .223 problem  (Read 9662 times)

cz carbine

New CZ 527 Carbine .223 problem
« on: March 08, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
Hi All,

Am new to the forum so I hope I am doing this correctly. I am from Utah. I just bought a new 527 carbine in .223. Cleaned it when I got home and decided to cycle some rounds. Each round jammed when I would move the bolt forward to chamber a round. I was so disappointed.

Called CZ-USA who assess the problem as a mag problem. Specifically, the mag lips were likely to open/wide causing each round to tilt upward resulting a jamming. I was asked to write a letter, enclose the mag and mail it back to CZ and they would swap out the mag.

Anyone had a similar problem and if so how did you solve it? I have this great little rifle they I can't even use until CZ sends me back a mag.

Thanks,

CZ Carbine

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: New CZ 527 Carbine .223 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
     Sorry the only long gun I have from CZ is a 550 Urban Counter Sniper in .308. I have only had it a couple months and it has worked fine. I am sorry that your experience was less than optimal and I know CZ-USA will do everything they can to make your weapon perform the way it's meant to. I actually have a BRNO VZ 24 in .338 Win Mag that is amazing.

By the way I welcome you to the Forum and hope you have a long and enjoyable time with us and CZ. From Central Florida

And no you did fine. There wasn't a spot so you did the best you could. No harm and again I am sorry you aren't having as fun fun with your new longgun but I have no doubt you will very soon. Please keep us advised to the status.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:29:33 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
Hi

I had the same problem. I had to do two things: (1) Gently close up the magazine feed lips with atap or two from a hammer; and (2) eliminate the resultant friction issues by rounding the inside edges of the magazine feed lips, using wet and dry sandpaper.

Do it slowly and steadily, use water with the wet and dry sandpaper; and use an emusifying oil (as opposed to CRC 5.56, etc) to avoid any corrosion problems on the bare steel.

Good luck

ZG47
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
     ZG47: Welcome to the Forum on behalf of all the members, thanks for helping out even with your very first post. We all want to learn and or teach what we know. So welcome again, and I hope your not only enjoy your membership but continue to respond to anything you know about and can answer. That's what all of us are here for.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice