Author Topic: Tell what you like/dislike about the CZ 455 22lr / 17HMR combo  (Read 17191 times)

joebeck

I'm looking at buying the CZ 455 American combo for target shooting and small game hunting. Tell what you like/dislike about the CZ 455 22lr / 17HMR combo.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Tell what you like/dislike about the CZ 455 22lr / 17HMR combo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:12:06 PM »
         The only thing I can do is say Howdy and Welcome to our Forum! I am not allowed to handle long guns anymore after I failed to hit the side (any side) of a barn from the inside. That's how I got to be a spook instead of infantry. :laugh:

I finally just recently got a 550 UCS to learn how to use something like that, as one of the things on my bucket list, Got my very first scope mark just 2 weeks ago, on account I forgot to move my dang head back to where it was supposed to be Before I stroked the trigger. However the scope was kind enough to help me out with that :cool: .

What I can say is that if the long gun works like the Kadet does then you have a fine long gun there and should have years of fun with it.

So anyhow, just wanted to Welcome you and tell you that you can ask what ever questions you need to regarding anything related the CZUB company, without anyone calling names or poking fun. We don't let that sort of thing here. Help anyone you can, we'll try to help you and at the least, point you towards where you need check to get the answer you need.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

iggy

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:15:26 AM »
I bought a CZ 455 American combo,in 22 LR & .17 HMR. Love the rifle! Had some issues with the way the bolt felt,no big deal. Just stone the edges of the mating surfaces of the bolt and use a little light grease and its very smooth . Had issues with what was thought to be the magazines 5rd & 10rd but it is NOT the magazines. read the reply I made ( CZ-USA 455 Rifle Review) to this review. You need to do this to the .22LR & .17 HMR  I've had NO problems with the feeding after doing this simple fix.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:07:53 PM by iggy »

P01 Shooter

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:27:47 AM »
Don't have the "Combo", but what I did was purchase a Varmint .22 LR along with a Varmint 17 HMR Barrel.  They both are easily 'minute of squirrel' and 3/8" groups at 50 yards with the .22 are typical.  I did change out the firing pin spring with one from J&P Custom which ensures consistent ignition.  One real nice thing is that it loves inexpensive Federal Game Shok 38 HPs and CCI Standard Velocity ammo.  Keeps the plinking cheap!
About the only thing I can complain about is the smallish grip as my hands are fairly large with long fingers.  Other than that the 455 is a super rimfire!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:46 AM »
           Hey I know this isn't about the rifle, but do you own a Kadet or anyone with the rifle and a Kadet, that would know if using the ammo you mentioned would work well in a Kadet? I am finding a lot of FTF with the ammo I am using, in my Kadet (not the kit, the completely built one) and in my Ruger Mk III Amphibian. I'm going to do a cut and past for this to the Kadet Board/Topic also.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice