Author Topic: Pull length  (Read 2816 times)

jethro1200

Pull length
« on: August 14, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
We are trying to buy my wife a CZ 527. She is small and has a measurement from elbow to trigger finger pad of 13.25 inches .  We have been unable to find a carbine for her to look at but the length of pull listed at 13.4 seems like it will work for her.   How about the balance point on the carbine in relation to her arm length, 24 inches from shoulder to finger tips?  She will be shooting at 100 yards and under. Any advise will be welcomed.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Pull length
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
        Hi and Welcome to our Forum!, Sorry I only just saw your post, I generally don't check the long gun Boards, since I know not  a thing about them. I own 2 but those I got to learn how to shoot the things. I think you might get some good advice if you did a cut and past to the General Firearms Board. I then to find that when there isn't a lot of folks that check the long gun Boards, there are a bunch of Long Gunners that check in on the other more broad spectrum boards. I hope it helps and I do apologize for missing you before now.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: Pull length
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 02:44:45 AM »
jethro1200

A CZ527 should work fine (in summer) for your wife. You might need to have it professionally shortened, by a very small amount, for all weather use with a thick jacket/vest.

Be aware that the elbow to fingertip method is a crude initial test for predicting fit of break-action firearms, only.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.