Author Topic: OK fellas  (Read 5097 times)

bhorner

OK fellas
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
Probably been hashed around a lot already but, hey I'm new. What type of concealment holsters do you use? How do you wear it. What fits my P-O6 snugly. I get in and out of my truck all day long and work outside in a T-Shirt. I see customers on a regular basis. My P-F9 works great with IWB but, I would like to wear my new P-O6 most of the time. I bought a nice shoulder holster when wearing a suit coat over jeans. I just don't like the feel of of it. Thinking IWB or a nice paddle outside covered by a light long tail shirt. There are only so many options. A Kangaroo Carry might be one option. I know one of our fellow members on here makes / sells something similar to the Super Tuck which I might try. What works best for you?? Don't like anything pointed at my jewels, makes me a little on easy with one in the tube. Appreciate any suggestions for keyword (comfortable wear).  Thanks..
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:45:38 PM by bhorner »

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: OK fellas
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:49:34 PM »
I carry my SP-01 around in a Desantis. It has a switchable metal clip so I can IWB or open carry. Its synthetic, and pretty soft, and I can cover it well with just a t-shirt. You can see a little bulge, but it looks like I have a phone case or something on, and about 99.9% of people will never even notice it. Hell, I'd say only about 10-15% of people even notice it when I open carry. My shirt usually covers it then too.

bhorner

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:09:04 AM »
Hi Angryvikingman, I ordered a Falco last night. It'd a leather paddle that rides outside canted close to the body. Same idea, just throw a long tail shirt over it and if it prints a little bit who cares. Thinking I will try that one for now. I saw the Desantis holsters very nice designs. I didn't see any option for my P-O6 on either site. So I went with a holster for the P-O1... I hope it fits alright. I know the slide on the P-O6 is suppose to be slightly thicker. Don't want to wear the finish off of my gun this early on... Thanks for the reply.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:12:20 AM by bhorner »

Captain Insano

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »
Screw holsters, this is what I just purchased...

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Shirts/Covert-Shirts/Covert-Casual-Shirt-2.html#

The built in "holsters" on each side work great. The hidden snaps under the buttons provide quick acces.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »
For a leather holster, take your gun and use 2 kroger/walmart bags and put over the gun and oil the outside of the bags with mink oil like you use to soften a baseball glove, and let it sit over night. The bags give the gun a little more girth while protecting the finish and the oil will soften the leather so it conforms to the gun. Should help it fit better and keep from rubbing the finish off your gun. Repeat until it fits the way you want it to. ;)

bhorner

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
Insano, nice find and thanks. I'll have to buy one and try it out. Another concealed carry rig I found looks interesting for under T-shirt wear. Thinking mainly for my P-F9. Looks like it will keep sweat away from the body of the gun and keep jagged edges from digging into your side while driving or getting in and out of the vehicle..

http://bri-betpolicesupply.com/index.php?cPath=852_37_79_85_843
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:20:47 PM by bhorner »

bhorner

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »
Angryvikingman, I'll have to try this out. I Want to keep the skin on my baby for as long as possible sounds like the way to go.. Thanks

bhorner

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:37:44 AM »
Just thought I would post an update in case anyone is interested. After posting a few weeks ago. I bought the N-82 inside the waist band tactical holster. All I can say is Very concealable and Extremely comfortable. If your looking to carry concealed this is a great way to go. I've tried regular IWB holsters and there are a few nice ones. But none compare to this one. And no... I am not affiliated in anyway with this company. I'm just a very happy custmer and thought I would share it with you. I liked it so much I am buying another one for my little P-F9. Link above in my previous post.

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
Nice find on the 5-11 website. Lots of cool stuff! I'd like to go and purchase 10 square yards of good leather and just experiment a bit. Could I do better than a DeSantis or even an Uncle Mikes? No. But it would be fun. Also, Tandy Leather is one of the few places that is OC-friendly so I like to give them my business!