Author Topic: front sight issue  (Read 1931 times)

zcbizzle

front sight issue
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:33 PM »
I have a CZ75B limitted edition and i just put the wolf springs in it, had some issues with the feeding, i believe it was happening because the extractor spring was to strong and wouldnt allow the round to be chambered because it was holding too tight, thats neither here nor there... anyway, on to the problem.

I was at the range today and the feeding was going great, i had cleaned some gunk out from behind the extractor claw, and the gun was doing fabulous today, and then my front sight just "came off" i found it on the ground a few feet away, and i thought, ok not a big issue, I'll slip it back in later, this was a good opportunity for me to practice shooting reflexively and not aiming at a closer range. So i continued shooting, finished off the magazine, and went to check the barrell was clear and the slide would not return forward, i tried to pulled it back a few time to try and get it to go, it wouldnt budge, and i was hesitant to force it, for no other reason than my CZ is my baby. i went to examine everything, to try and identify the problem and the metal ring ( bushing?) that sits at the front of the slide and holds the front end of the barrel was missing, I found it on the ground, wtf. apparently the pin that hold the front sight is also the pin that holds this piece in place(i think) as there was a groove that corresponded to the pin hole in the front sight

I put the bushing back in it place, very carefully to line up the grooves, and i believe the pin being replaced is all that needs to be done

So I believe I am going to take it to a gunsmith, or someone who can fix it. I think it might also be a good idea to get the extractor spring clipped off by a few coils, so that it will feed properly, but for right now it sits in its case, and i was curious if anyone has had similar experience, or knows more than I do. Just from what i can guess, the increased force forward from the 16# recoil spring knocked the pin out, and then continuing to shoot it when that happened caused the other issues.