Author Topic: Problem with new CZ P10F (Slide does not lock back on last round).  (Read 3728 times)

Offline sjamesk

Greetings Everyone,

I’m a big CZ fan and just purchased my 4th CZ today, a newly released P10F.

I’m super accurate with this gun; however, there’s one issue. Out of around 100 rounds, the slide never locked back when reaching the end of a magazine. The slide release itself is VERY stiff and I’m wondering if this just needs to be worked in more, or if it’s something for which I should pursue a warranty repair.

I’ve never experienced this issue with any pistol (CZ or otherwise) before. Does anyone have any ideas of things I could do in order to rectify the problem?

Thank you!!

Offline gaijin

Re: Problem with new CZ P10F (Slide does not lock back on last round).
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:48:49 AM »
That is their new(ish) 5" gun?

What ammo are you using? Does the slide lock back manually, with empty mag in gun?
The 5" slide has more mass than their "C" gun. First though is ammo, not gun issue.

Offline sjamesk

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply! Yes it’s a very new release, it’s simply the full size version of the P10, comparable in size to the P09.

The slide does lock back manually with an empty mag. The slide release is very stiff though, and takes a lot of pressure to active (making my thumbs quite sore).

I was using the cheap Remington “law enforcement ammo”. So maybe I’ll try running some higher grade stuff through it first. I mainly shoot full size guns and have never had this issue.  My other  CZs, which are mostly full size, will function properly with any ammo, even steel case. My 75B has processed thousands of rounds of junk ammo without a malfunction.

I did just read this on CZ’s webpage for the P10F: “
One change that happens on both the US-made and Czech-made P-10s is the switch to a swappable magazine release. With a change in geometry, the goal was to eliminate the stiffness some customers experienced as the magazine release broke in, even though it became smooth after some use.”
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]
Apparently they did not achieve their goal, lol, but I’ll try using higher grade ammo. I love shooting this gun, but the slide not locking in place really bugs me.

Offline gaijin

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 10:55:09 AM »
I’d try some “full power” ammo as you suggest.
I have a couple P10c’s. They were amazingly difficult to drop slide using slide release.
After a few hundred rds. this is no longer an issue.

Offline sjamesk

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:57:02 AM »
Thanks for the input, I will try this today and report back with the results!

Offline J Mercurio

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 07:56:05 PM »
Generally when the slide doesn't lock back its a magazine issue.  I would keep track of which mags are in the gun when it happens.  Otherwise shoot it some and see of the problem persists.

Offline sjamesk

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 08:40:27 PM »
Gaijin, your advice was spot on. Took it to the range, got a box of +P ammo, also fired off 200 rounds of the cheap Remington... suffice to say the slide locks back every time now. The release, while still a little stiff, is much more usable. Thanks!!!

I probably got a bit too worried about it before shooting it enough, but I never have had that issue  with a pistol before. I’m not usually a striker guy, but so far I’m loving this thing, I don’t own a P10C, but maybe I’ll invest in one of those (or an s).

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:42:22 PM by sjamesk »

Offline gaijin

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 04:27:14 PM »
^^ Excellent.

Happy you're in business. (:

T

Offline NightSightJim

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 05:27:59 PM »
I always keep the slide locked back for 2-3 days on any new gun I have.  Same as breaking in the spring after 200 rounds.

Offline rstandley

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 11:14:26 PM »
Something to consider, the P10c has a 20lb recoil spring. some target ammo will not lock it back, I replaced it with a 15lb from Cajun Gun Works. For the hot stuff, use the stock 20lb. the Glock 19 comes with a 17lb spring, just for reference.