Author Topic: 2014 P07  (Read 4423 times)

Mkodadek

2014 P07
« on: April 08, 2014, 10:36:04 PM »
Really eyeballing this model. I was already leaning towards one and when I read the new specs for 2014 I have to say that my goal of replacing the G23 I used to own with a G19 or converting my M&P to 9mm was put on the back burner. Interchangeable backstraps (thought they were overrated until I got an M&P), the Omega trigger, dehorning, all seem pretty damn hoopy in my book.

Wondering if anyone has one and how they feel about it versus the previous model. Also wondering where the best place to find one online might be since I'm still shopping around until at least next month.

I was aiming at a Canik of some sort or a G19 but I really want to give one of these puppies a go so any feedback at all would be appreciated.

P.S. having taken apart a CZ or two and a clone or three for friends I'm wondering if the Omega is all its cracked up to be. I've always felt the trigger was sort of an overly complex bit or a weak point in the CZ line (not a terrible one but a potential one). Wondering how everyone feels about this and wondering how the trigger pull weight is on the actual user end in both DA and SA.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: 2014 P07
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
Welcome to our forum!!! I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the new P07, but I did get to hold it at the Shot Show. I really liked the trigger pull compared to the older model and also liked the upgrades.

I did some searching for the Dolphin and your right, there are none to be found....found a bunch of Sharks and Stingrays tho.....

Again, welcome to our forum!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Orangejoe

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:14:01 PM »
I just picked up the new model of the P07, and compared to the older one, I can say I prefer it for all the little things. The backstraps it ships with fit my hand like a glove, but my bud I shoot needed them swapped out for the bigger ones to get a good hold on it. The whole process is pretty easy, or a troglodyte like myself couldn't do it. Same with swapping out the safety/decocker, all is a breeze. I haven't broke it down beyond the simple field strip, but will here soon. As for dehorning, I didn't notice too much of a difference when drawing from a holster, but I didn't find it un-pleasurable.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 06:35:56 PM »
I just picked up the new model of the P07, and compared to the older one, I can say I prefer it for all the little things. The backstraps it ships with fit my hand like a glove, but my bud I shoot needed them swapped out for the bigger ones to get a good hold on it. The whole process is pretty easy, or a troglodyte like myself couldn't do it. Same with swapping out the safety/decocker, all is a breeze. I haven't broke it down beyond the simple field strip, but will here soon. As for dehorning, I didn't notice too much of a difference when drawing from a holster, but I didn't find it un-pleasurable.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Mkodadek

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »
They've got them on grabagun.com but right now I'm waiting until I can afford to pick up the gun, two spare mags, another thousand or more rounds, a rig (JM Custom AIWB from the looks of it), and a mag carrier. Pretty excited to give it a whirl since I've been sort of in love with the CZ platform ever since I picked up a decrepit looking (but sound) Combat Cohai.

Not pretty but it does run and I kind of shifted from a solid 1911 guy to wanting to try out more CZs. Fits my big hands better than a 1911 or a Hi-Power (The Hi-Power frame is just too small for me) and it got me to go out and get an M&P and branch out more but I'm pretty sold on the CZ ergonomics. Then I started hearing people talk about this G19 sized P07 and I started thinking, "You know that'd be different and CZs are solid pieces of work," then I found out the 2014 model was coming and I decided to wait and see how folks felt about it. The more I hear the more I want one.

Yeah, the Dolphin ought to be named the frigging Unicorn. Should have bought one when Buds had them in a year or so ago. The P-120 is calling my name though.

Orangejoe

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:51:40 PM »
Mine was a semi-impulse buy. A "I wants it, and I'm gonna have it kinda thing." I couldn't find anything that was really doing it for me online, because a lot of people were still pushing out the old duty models and none of the new ones. Not to mention my local FFL's would charge 40 or even more depending on who it was. In the Chattanooga and NW GA. area there isn't a single place that carries CZ, unless its the shotguns. Which the whole thing is made more convoluted by the fact I'm a buy what I can feel person.

I will say that I have a shop around here part of a larger network where I can get 75's and such relatively cheap, but they're ordered online. I care less with the 75, cause its not like there is anything too terribly new about any of it.

As far as the G19 comparisson, I prefer mine over a G19. I mean, the Glock is solid, I personally just can't get behind the ergos of it. I have a oddly long thumb on a normal/small hand for somebody my size, and it just kinda messes with the grip on most things, but thankfully not  any of the CZ's I've held.

Mkodadek

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
I have nothing against the G19 and after owning an M&P I realized that I like the Glock trigger more better but I'm fuzzy on the ergos. Of course that's why the grip reduction was invented but the CZ and its clones have always felt great in my hand.

Pretty stoked because my girlfriend wants to try it. I might get to parlay this into at least two P07's and a P09 as a competition/nightstand gun if I can get her on the CZ train.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:25 AM »
No idea how the improved P-07 for 2014 feels but I'll let you know if one comes my way.

Perfectly happy with my new P-07 Duty right now.

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Mkodadek

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
Well sir, I don't know your time table but I'm thinking after AT I'm just going to scoop one of those little buggers up, throw a CGW hammer and spring set in there, and run around doing what I always do: telling other shooters about why they ought to own a CZ or clone because it's the best series of guns that no one seems to know about outside of competition shooting circles and that is a shame.