Author Topic: Cz70-Slamfire  (Read 6419 times)

DanvilleBlues

Cz70-Slamfire
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »
For all you gunsmiths here, Just bought a slightly used, CZ70, shot for the first
 time today, no failures to feed, fire & eject, but at times with one trigger pull
 it would fire 2 rounds, and at times 3. I think it is probably the sear.
  Anyone have this problem?

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Cz70-Slamfire
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »
Lol, is that really a problem? Just kidding. I will consult the crystal ball of google and get back to you.

My only thought could be that your sear/hammer contact point could be worn causing the hammer to dislodge and fire multiple rounds.

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
  Update, Gave the CZ70 a real good cleaning, took a can of WD40, with the
long nozzle, and sprayed in the area of the sear, got some gunk out.
  Since I am not a gunsmith, I never take a gun past fieldstripping.
  Anyway, took it out and shot it, it worked fine, no slamfires, just needed a
good cleaning, a lot cheaper than parts.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 05:48:44 PM »
Well, there ya go. LOL!

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »
  Update, Gave the CZ70 a real good cleaning, took a can of WD40, with the
long nozzle, and sprayed in the area of the sear, got some gunk out.
  Since I am not a gunsmith, I never take a gun past fieldstripping.
  Anyway, took it out and shot it, it worked fine, no slamfires, just needed a
good cleaning, a lot cheaper than parts.

I've had some negative experiences in the past with WD40 and guns. Some years ago I bought a Remington 541S 22 rifle. The shop owner said "Now don't oil the trigger too much. This fine rifle needs only a very light coat of lightweight oil. I'd say to use only WD40 and then wipe most of it off." I did and it shot fine. Awesome trigger, Super accurate rifle. I took interest in something else and it sat in the gun closet for a year or so. Took it out one day and the trigger was frozen. When I disassembled the trigger I found a varnish like buildup of crud. WD40 is a penetrant and will kill primers quickly (talking about a loaded round). There are many good lubricants to chose from. WD40 is not for guns but does work great on tractor bolts.

DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
DW, WD40 is a solvent, and not a lubricant, it will remove old grease, gunk, etc.
 whenever I use it ,I always clean and oil afterwards.

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
DW, WD40 is a solvent, and not a lubricant, it will remove old grease, gunk, etc.
 whenever I use it ,I always clean and oil afterwards.

Well, like I said, that was some years ago (like 40) when WD40 was new on the market and actually there were very few aerosol can products. But, it still says on the can that it lubricates and protects firearms.

DW
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »
One of my accounts is Jewell Triggers. They are a small but renouned trigger company that got it's start in the bench rest community. I have a Jewell in a CAR3 HBAR Elite, Volquartzen 10/22 and a Rem BDL 243 Varmint Special. What they say... Don't lube our triggers with anything but Ronsonal lighter fluid. Lighter fluid is about as solvent as you can get, yet it provides just enough lubricity and does not attract dirt.  :shocked:

My experience with trigger and feeding issues has nearly always been caused by a small piece of brass that was chipped off the rim by the extractor. I never let my guns get dirty, but even a clean gun can get a tiny chip of brass lodged in the wrong place. Don't look for something shiny either, it will most likely be black and about the size of a grain of ball powder.

Unburned powder in the action looks terrible but is not likely to cause problems. Most contain graphite to help it flow in powder measures and burn inhibitors that control the burn rate.

DW
~ James D. Miles

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
LOL, WD40 is made from fish oil. I don't see how it can be a solvent, but it can be a penetrating lubricant.