Author Topic: Weight of a CZ  (Read 4599 times)

undrlord

Weight of a CZ
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:01:17 AM »
I guess this can go anywhere on this site but I decided to put it here since I was comparing this one at the time  :cheesy:

On CZ's site they have the 97B listed at 2.5 pounds which equals 40 ounces.  Sig has the P220 listed at 30.4 ounces with the mag (unloaded).  Is the CZ really that much heavier? 

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Weight of a CZ
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »
All steel and the way the frame is designed, plus a large slide, so yeah, thats probably why its so heavy. We like to call that "Integrated recoil management."

undrlord

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:19:20 PM »
I sure wish I could shoot a 97B to compare it to a Sig 220 :cheesy:

Offline Squirrelly85

• I'm always left of the enemy
  • I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:50:26 PM »
I have fired both.  I own 2 97B's and my buddies old duty-carry was a P220.  I prefer the 97B for its recoil, precision, and ease of take-down.  However, I am a big fan of SigSauer, and would love to get a P226 X-Five LW (9mm).  I like the grip of the 97B also, as it is most closely related to a 1911 grip; the P220's grip is a big wide for me, which made a bit uncomfortable to fire at length.  Also the 97B feels a bit lighter to me, allowing me to focus on my aiming a bit better.  The price is drastically different also, MSRP is between $900-1100 depending on the sights you get.  The 97 falls between $500-800 or so.

If you have any other questions about either let me know, I can tell you just about anything about either as I have fired both extensivily
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security.

The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday!

undrlord

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
I have fired the 220 a ton also since my father in law has one.  The grip feels really good to me since it is a single stack and not quite as fat as the 229, again just my opinion here.

The 97 looks like it has the same grip style as the P01..yes?

Offline Squirrelly85

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:58 AM »
The grip style is the same, just a bigger.  Like I said if you've ever held a 1911 then you are close the 97B.  I like the ergonomics on the grip, it makes me feel like if I grabbed in at any time of the day or night and aimed and fired, I could repeat the process and be accurate.  It had the same recoil effect (not feel) as most CZs, send the energy backwards then up as opposed to up or to the side like most pistols do.  It allows for quicker target reaquisition and just an over better feel.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security.

amygdala

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »
Hoping that CZ will offer a full-sized polymer version of the 97 (like the phantom but in 45).  Does anyone know if such a pistol is in the works? 

Offline Squirrelly85

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »
I haven't heard of anything like that.  I have spoken with czcustom and asked about the 97 about a few other things, but from what they told me CZ doesn't typically change what works.  They simply take the same concepts and apply it to a brand new gun (ie the 75B to the SP-01...).  I like polymers but only in small calibers, 9mm or less.  I tend to have more accuracy with metal frame guns but I do envy those who can shoot a large caliber polymer frame.  I have made and plan on making several upgrades to my 97B that have made it a great shooter.  Increased weight on the recoil spring (16# or 18#) I left the mainspring alone, because I like it but I have the trigger and hammer done by a gunsmith, and I plan on adding a competition hammer to smooth out the pull and lessen it slightly.  Novak makes a rail that can be added to the frame that fits perfectly (i just need to find a drill press to drill the holes accurately and straight).  I put a tactical rear sight on and a FO front sight that allow me to sight up real nice and give the gun a sweet tactical look.  I can't wait to put the rail on to make it look super tactical, plus i can add my tlr-1 light to it and switch from my sp-01 being my home defense pistol to the 97.