Author Topic: Used P-01  (Read 5715 times)

undrlord

Used P-01
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
Ok...I have found a pretty good deal on a P01 from 2008 with around 3k rounds through it.  There is some wear on it, I mean it is 3 years old, but looks pretty good.

Can anyone think of any downsides to this?  Anything I should look for or ask about?

At least the trigger should be broken in now  :cheesy:

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Used P-01
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »
Yeah, it'll be nice and broken in. I'd just say replace the recoil spring just so you know exactly how many rounds you have on it. Give it good lube.

undrlord

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:15:12 AM »
Not sure if I will get in trouble asking this or not but I know what he is asking for it and it isn't bad....in my opinion.  So without me asking on here and trying not to get in trouble with GW (hehe) you mind PM'ing me and telling me what you think a 3 year old CZ P01 is worth?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »
     OK I'm not sure where I went wrong here with the whole price check thing but if you are BUYING a CZ, Dan Wesson, Brno, and can give the information about what it is and the condition it is in sure ask what we would pay for it, No harm in that, It's the asking for a Guesstimate when you are trying to SELL that is not OK. If someone said a price and you try to Sell it for that price and can't or find out later you got less than it was worth it would cause repercussions both for the member that suggested the price and the entire Forum.

And hard feelings and animosity is what I do not want to have here on this forum.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »
Yeah, undrlord and I PM'ed about it just to be safe. I figured for the price check to buy was ok, not to sell.
I can post the whole convo here if anyone wants to see, it involved interstate gun laws and such. Maybe we need to put up a topic about that too. We don't want anyone getting in trouble because they didn't know the law.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
     Actually it sounds like a really good idea. Lets run it in the General Discussion board. Maybe even have a board with links to all the State's Various Gun Laws and a link to the whatever Federal Gun Laws as well. Actually I will do that. Everyone from each State needs to find the Correct links and post the URL(s) for their State.  Keep in mind at all times that not only are there State Firearm Laws but some States have counties that also have their very own Gun laws. Possible topics can include if and how you can own/use Suppressors, Magazine capacities for various weapons. FFL requirements. ONLY put up Links to those laws and sites. DO NOT put up ANY personal knowledge of ANY KIND dealing with Laws, Local, State or Federal. I will erase them the second I see anything like that and AngryViking will also.

Of all places NOT to post personal knowledge about gun laws is going to be the Board set up for Listing Weapons Laws. Frankly unless you are a Lawyer, BATF Agent or a LEO with Direct Knowledge and say you are in public on this forum and especially the Laws Board, I would keep anything that could possible get you into legal problems to yourself. Laws change at the drop of a hat. They can be passed and then not go into effect for months or years or never depending on many things.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:04:21 AM »
If I'm allowed to say so.I wouldn't pay more than $400 tops for a P-01 or any CZ with 3K through it.

They are durable, but many out there with far less rounds.

In any event, I wish you well with your eventual purchase.

KEV
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

undrlord

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
Looks like I will be picking up my P-01 this Saturday... :grin: :grin: :tongue: :tongue: !
I am getting it for $440 and since we are doing it at a dealer (the seller called BATF to see what needed to happen and also to see if he could legally bring the gun accross state lines to sell.  Once that was confirmed he called around to local TN gun shops and found someone willing to do the transfer) they are only going to charge $15 for the transer and $10 for the back ground check.  So I don't think that $465 is to bad at all.  I will probably order a new/different/lighter recoil spring soon.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »
Shiny! Can't wait to hear how it works, and maybe see some pics. Congratulations.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »
Cool. Enjoy your new purchase.