Author Topic: Heart problems  (Read 28378 times)

bre346

Re: Heart problems
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »
Hello, all,

I've been home since the 20th. Things are going very well, thanks to all your support and that of my other friends. I walk and talk, eat and breathe just like well folks, mostly.

I'll get back to shootin' my wonderful CZ purty soon.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
        Good to hear/read.

I swear I thought I allready said this but sirgilligan made me go back and check and I didn't :embarrassed: I going to use the whole Army Navy Rivalry thing as my excuse.  :cool: Some swell pal I am. Anyway late but heart felt:
I wish you and yours a Very Healthy, Happy. and Prosperous New Year
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:41:26 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 03:45:25 PM »
Good to hear that!

I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

b5.5dan

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do to be of assistance!

bre346

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 12:09:15 PM »
I'm getting better every day, but it's so slowly. I quit the nebulizer this morning since I'm breathing just fine now. The surgeon saw me on the 10th and said he's happy, I don't have to see him again. The other, the stent doctor, is going to get some lip about the other meds  :grin:  come next Monday. And I'll be driving myself to and from.

I've a repaired and dolled-up gun to check out as soon as possible.

Thanks, everyone, for caring.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »
        Hot damn! Glad to read that! Good going. Looking forward very much to reading how the range went when you get to go. I get my cataract out on the 17th and as soon as he says I can go to the range, I'm there. Wish we were in the same state it would be fun to shoot with you.
Fair Winds, and Following Seas

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bre346

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 04:49:53 PM »
Cataract? Yeah, I'm sorry, it comes to most seniors. I  was still flying when I had the first removed, so I was one-eyed pilot for while. About four months later they did the other one, so  I was a one-eyed pilot for a while longer. My vision has been clear and pretty sharp ever since. They say I have macular degeneration now but with heavy on the vitamins I've manged to stave it off for many years.

I just pray that you don't have to go through a heart thing. It's scary, life-threatening and most painful. I used up every bit of my reserves and will-to-live to survive those first two days.

Well, I'm looking forward to driving to the barbershop and then to the range.

Thank you for caring.

bre346

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 01:16:01 PM »
Jan.16th. The heart surgeon has released me, saying I can drive now. The physical rehab guy says he doesn't neeed to come any more. And My other heart doc has cut a coupla medicines in half.

If I can a good night's sleep tonite I'll go to the range tomorrow and learn how wobbly I have become.

Thanks, everyone, for caring.

bre346

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
I went to the outdoor range and found two friends playing with .22 rifles. They let me interrupt now and then to try my repaired Taurus 9mm. The gun shoots liked its 'sposed to now but the new sights nearly fell off.
They've since been glued with Permatex so I think that will take care of that.
The weather hasn't been nice lately. Maybe about Wednesday I can go again.
I continue to gain in strength and have picked up a little of the weight I lost.
Cheers to all.

bre346

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »
Followup:

I am fully recovered and very happy. I get to go shoot bullets when the weather is nice and snap-caps when it isn't.  All my guns are clean and working, so all I need now is time and ammo.

Thank you for all your notes and prayers.

CZ04FT

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »
Good going. I'm glad to hear you are on the rebound and looking forward to getting to the range soon.

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
That is great news.

I think my hand has healed enough to go out this week or next too.

bre346

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
OH, Gilligan, sir, don't strain your hand to where it's going to heal malformed or arthritic. I'm glad to read that you're healing well, but I urge you not to push it.

Otherwise, hell yes, go shoot.

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
Good advice. I wish there was better feedback from my hand letting me know if I am overdoing something, but there is not.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »
       Whats your bone cutter say? call doesn't cost anything and the nurse can relay. or failing that maybe just shoot one third to half as many rounds as you normally do. wait a day see how it feels, then up it to either 2/3 or 3/4 wait a day and if your hand feels good and you don't need an aleve maybe an aspirin then get back to shooting your iron. Been in the bunk house too long as it is. Sorry just watched John Wayne last night in "The Plainsman". Kinda rubs off on ya, doncha ya know. :cool: