Author Topic: The Three Amigos  (Read 5370 times)

Offline sirgilligan

The Three Amigos
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »

CZ's and Browning Hi-Powers seem to go together!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: The Three Amigos
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
        Now that's a nice group shot. Great pictures, and thanks for posting them. Quality is allways beautiful no mater who made the it.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »
Very nice! I always think that the pictures add so much to what we are doing. And if I couldn't buy any more CZs (like if the wife had her way), Browning HPs would be pretty high up on the list!

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:42:01 AM »
Thank you.

The Browning Hi-Power is a nice handgun, as is the CZ 75 family.

I believe there are four semi-auto's everyone should own for their quality, design, history, or fame.
In no particular order:

CZ 75
Browning Hi-Power
Model 1911
Walther PPK

Now if you get more serious then things like
Pre B CZ 75
T Series Browning Hi-Power or (German make during WWII)
Colt Model 1911 (from WWII)
Walther PPK (from WWII)

OR.. (Insert your criteria here)

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:27:15 AM »
I'm related to J.M. Browning (albeit a few generations back) , so everyone in the family has a 1911. It's just that as a teacher, my 1911 isn't a particularly nice one  :laugh: .
Works for me every time though.

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
I was just going through my old targets, taking pictures of them and storing them in the Gun Log app and came across my original target of the first time ever shooting a Browning Hi-Power.

My "Number One" Hi-Power has adjustable sights and was made in 2009.

The first time I shot it was at 7 yards. American Eagle 124 Grain FMJ.

The Hi-Power made me enjoy shooting again! I had been shooting another brand of weapon and had concluded that I just couldn't shoot good anymore. The Browning showed me that it wasn't me having trouble, it was me and the other gun having trouble.

I thought I would compare it to the results of the first time shooting of my CZ 85B.

Here are the two targets held up together.

The CZ 85B results behind the Browning Hi-Power results. Remember, first time shooting. Free standing. Nervous as can be shooting a new gun for the first time.

The point behind this, for me anyway, is to document the results from a person who had never shot either weapon before, being completely unfamiliar with the sights, trigger, recoil, and other characteristics.

Seven yards is very close I know, but I like to shoot the first time at that range so I can see quickly what is happening.

The CZ 85B continues in the path set by the Browning Hi-Power, a joy to shoot!

For Christmas my wife gave me an unlimited use range pass. I hope that I will be logging many range sessions and sharing those with you all!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
          Unlimited range pass?  :shocked: Shiny! I'm honestly not sure whether unlimited range pass or a new (and only) gun safe is the better deal. Think I'll keep the safe. no offence. :cool: oh and the wife.  :tongue: .

Nice targets no doubt about it. I hope every CZ you ever get to use performs as well. and the Browning allmost as well. :grin:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
and the Browning allmost as well. :grin:

I will try to shoot the Browning as poorly as possible!  :laugh:

Now did you say you put your wife in the gun safe?  :shocked: I guess we have to protect the things we love.