Author Topic: My CZ-85 Combat  (Read 5824 times)

Gasturbine

My CZ-85 Combat
« on: April 10, 2012, 06:50:43 AM »
I just picked this up for a dance, and its my first CZ. Does anybody know what the difference is between a standard 75, and my 85 Combat?

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
Re: My CZ-85 Combat
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
85C has

ambi safety
ambi slide release
trigger with over travel stop
no firing pin block
adjustable rear sight
ext mag release
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »
Ummmmm 10?  Well ok then just thought I would welcome you with a little humor, a very little humor.

Please allow me to Welcome you to our Forum!. It's always nice to meet new folks and maybe exchange ideas and help. Everyone here tends to want to learn new things, helps those they can with their issues and have some fun. That's where I come in, I'm the comic relief. I take over when the comic take a break.

As for the differences I'm doing a copy and paste from CZ's site to speed things up a bit and also so I don't anything wrong:

"The CZ 85 Combat version was created as an extension of the CZ 85 B with some additional features. The CZ 85 Combat features a fully adjustable rear sight, extended magazine release, ambidextrous slide stop and safety catch, drop free magazine and over travel adjustment on the trigger."

"Designed in 1975, the CZ 75 utilizes all the best features from service pistols around the world. An entire family of pistols is available based on the basic CZ 75 design, Compacts, Decocker, Double action only, Single action only, Ambidextrous, alloy frames and even Competition pistols."

OK not quiet what I was shooting for (see more humor) but basically the differences are that the 85 Combat has is fully ambi where as a straight 75 or 75B are not ambi. They have various models of the 75 that are Ambi but they aren't the straight up 75 which you asked about I think. One other thing the Combat has is an extended an extended Mag release which can both be a good thing and a bad thing. I have had Holsters that impacted the extended release on a couple of my CZ that have them and somewhere between inserting the pistol into the holster or drawing it the release was activated and the mags dropped a bit or completely depending on how I have the mag brake spring set up. Could even have been too much pressure on the holster for my seatbelt when I carried it IWB or OWB. There are holsters that address this issue but you may not need them. Just practice with the holster you have and an un-loaded pistol with an empty mag inserted, and see if you can recreate what I mentioned. if not then you're good to go. Frankly I prefer my extended mag release even though I have to find a correct holster or carry it differently, since it accommodates different width grips, And depending on what I have them with me for I have swapped out grips more than once.

Personally I think you have a swell pistol and if I could even think of affording another pistol that 85 Combat would be right at the top 1 or 2.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:04:49 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »
see what I mean? There is allways someone that can say things in simply terms what I struggle over for hours trying to get out. :embarrassed:  Ah well I like GM's description better, but don't forget what I said about the holsters and the grips in regards to the extended mag release.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Gasturbine

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
Ummmmm 10?  Well ok then just thought I would welcome you with a little humor, a very little humor.

You lost me.

Please allow me to Welcome you to our Forum!. It's always nice to meet new folks and maybe exchange ideas and help. Everyone here tends to want to learn new things, helps those they can with their issues and have some fun. That's where I come in, I'm the comic relief. I take over when the comic take a break.

Thanks!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
           Sorry my humor is a tad off the wall: This is what I was trying for, you asked:

difference is between a standard 75, and my 85. I said 10. (85 - 75 = 10.)

Ya Ya I know it's lame but it's hard to pass up a captive audience :cool: