Author Topic: How about those CZ 612 HC-P shotguns?  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Panoply

How about those CZ 612 HC-P shotguns?
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
Hello,

I'm in the market for a home defense shotgun.  Since I love CZ, owning a P 07 Duty 9mm, a 455 Trainer and a 550 FS, I went to them first.  Does the quality of these shotguns measure up to the quality of their rifles and pistols?  Anything I should know about this shotgun?  Quirks, etc?  I'm on a budget and this is about the max I'd be willing to spend.  I'm also looking at Stevens (by Savage Arms) shotguns which are ultra cheap.  I like them because I grew up with my grandfather's Stevens side by side and it was a sweet 20g.  I'm sure it doesn't compare to the CZ.
While I'm at it, what other shotguns have front AND rear sights (those with pistol grips and those w/o, but all w/ stock) that can be found for $350 and under?  High capacity is important to me so if y'all know of a shotgun for that price range that holds more than 5 please let me know.

Thanks,
Pan

PS:  What is a Huglu 202B?  Google is sending mixed messages.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:07:55 PM by Panoply »
Be Well & God Bless

Offline TF135Sierra2Xray

Re: How about those CZ 612 HC-P shotguns?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »
I have heard really good things about the CZ shotguns, but they are manufactured in Turkey by Huglu so I am hesitant to assume that the quality is on par with CZ's Pistols and Rifles which are all manufactured in the Czech Repub.  I am also in the market for some shotguns including a home defense and a bird gun.  I know that there are some great high quality shotguns coming out of Turkey right now.  As far as I can tell CZ/Huglu has some of the best quality over unders coming out of Turkey, though I am still trying to discover one from another Turkish manufacturer that is of equal quality, but perhaps for a bit less as I am sure the CZ name and roll mark adds a few hundred to the cost.

I am looking at semi's for a combination HD and Bird gun, and the best to come from Turkey seems to be the Tristar Viper G2, which has all metal parts in the action and gas system, and will shoot anything between the two pistons provided.

For those that own or have handled them, I would also be very interested to hear how the CZ Redhead Deluxe compares to the Tristar and ATI O/U's.

To answer your question though, Huglu is one of the best shotgun manufactures in Turkey, and a lot of people really tout their CZ Shotguns.  Sootch00 on YouTube would be a prime example, although I think his love of everything CZ and his close relationship with CZ-USA might skew his opinion ever so slightly.  As I'm sure it would mine as well.

Hope this helped!
SGT, CAV
OEF1, OIF 1&2

Offline TF135Sierra2Xray

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:09:14 AM »
FYI....  Also, I think shotguns are one of the only firearms Brits are allowed, and from all I have seen they really enjoy CZ and Turkish shotguns.
SGT, CAV
OEF1, OIF 1&2

Offline Panoply

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
A very belated thank you is in order.  I finally ended up getting a Mossberg 500 20 gauge for home D.  I DID, somewhat later, purchase a Bobwhite in 20 gauge for hunting (varminting, really - down here in south Louisiana we are plagued with a rodent the size of a small dog called a Nutria that is unregulated and even carries a $5 bounty) and for skeet & trap shooting.  Both are great, but the Bobwhite is a study on what the perfect marriage of looks and function looks like.  GORGEOUS shotty!

Thanks,
Pan
Be Well & God Bless