Author Topic: Evolution of the P-07 from 2009 to now?  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Bam

Evolution of the P-07 from 2009 to now?
« on: March 11, 2019, 12:31:38 AM »
My introduction to CZ's was in May of 2011. I went to a store/range looking to replace my .40 cal Taurus 24-7. I walked in to purchase a XDm in .40 S&W. The guy behind the counter pointed me toward the CZ's but I had no interest because I was ignorant. I guess CZ was trying to boost sale because I was told I could shoot a mag from the P-07 DUTY for free. I'm cheap so I figured why not and took my free 15 rounds. After that first mag I was a CZ fan. I left the range and went upstairs to purchase a P-07 DUTY but they had sold out.

I went to my favorite local FFL and ordered the P-07 Duty in .40 S&W. Pick the gun up May 11 2011. I put thousands of rounds through the gun and it as my EDC. After about a year I Cajunized the DUTY and loved it even more. Sometime in 2013 my DUTY had a tiny bit of frame bulge and the magazines didn't fall freely. I contacted CZ and they sent me a return tag. I swapped the Cajun Gun Work parts out for the stock parts then sent the gun to CZ. A few Weeks later I had the new no Duty P-07.
I put the Cajun Gun Works parts back in.
The Parts Cajun Gun works were: 18 Pound hammer spring, Stainless guide rod, Reduced trigger spring, Short reset kit, and a new recoil spring.

I also bought an old Duty 9mm slide so that I would have both 9mm and .40 call.

When the P-09 came out I had to have one and bought a P-09 in .40 cal. The action, the trigger pull, and the trigger itself seemed so much nicer than the Cajunized P-07. I chalked it up to the P-07 being shorter making the action stiffer and the P-09 trigger shape just being nicer. I did do the same treatment to the P-09 that the P-07 had and the P-09 was and is still just amazing and my best shooter.

About 2 years ago I decided to switch back to 9mm from .40 S&W. I put the duty slide on the P-07 and bought a 9mm Suppressor ready P-09. Once I switched the Cajun Gun Works goodies into the 9mm P-09, I traded the .40 cal P-09 for a suppressor ready P-10. I do love the P-10 but feel safer with a hammer.

A few months ago I bought a suppressor that should be in by May. I decided to buy a new suppressor ready P-07 so that all my CZ's can be suppressed. Last week I got the Urban Grey suppressor ready P-07 in my hands. This new P-07 out of the box has a nicer action than my older P-07. The new P-07 racks easier and has trigger pull just as nice but not as short as the Cajunized p-07. The only thing I visually can tell is the new P-07 seems to have a stud on extractor to keep the extractor spring centered.
I removing all the Cajun Gun Works components, putting the .40 cal slide back on the old P-07 and selling it off. I will put the Cajun Gun Works stuff in the new P-07 in time.

This brings me to my question. My original Cajunized P-07 Duty nor it's Cajunized warranty replacement were any where close to as smooth or easy to rack as either of my .40cal or 9mm P-09's or new stock P-07. What the heak did CZ change since the NON_DUTY P-07 came out till now?

Offline Bam

Re: Evolution of the P-07 from 2009 to now?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 11:27:06 PM »
I guess no one else has have a similar experience?

Offline Dvrdwn72

Re: Evolution of the P-07 from 2009 to now?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 06:29:00 PM »
I enjoy shooting my p07, I have 2 now, one suppressor ready.