Author Topic: what holster do you use for IWb carry?  (Read 4763 times)

ceezee

what holster do you use for IWb carry?
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
i am a big fan of the MTAC for IWb carry but i see that they only make it for the P01  :cry: . what do you guys use to IWb carry you 75 ful size or compact. i know crossbreed makes their holster for the 75 series but im not a big fan of crossbreed.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: what holster do you use for IWb carry?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:01:40 AM »
I have an Alessi MOB holster for my 75c.  I am planning to get their "Watch Six" for my full size 75BD.  It takes two months to get the holster made.  There are off the shelf holsters at Amazon.com like the Isreali's use that are okay.
http://www.amazon.com/CARRY-COMFORT-LEATHER-HOLSTER-BROWN/dp/B001KWJ77O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3
I used one of these while my first holster was being made. 

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »
I'm using a very simple Tagua IWB, but I'm starting to hate it a lot. That one linked above looks solid enough. I would like a custom holster, but something like the one above would suit me pretty well, too

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
I have a simple and cheap Desantis. Black nylon with a reversible clip so I can carry iwb or own on either side. Its comfy, but sometimes the beaver tail digs into my love handles in the car. I paid $35 for that thing and its o e of the best holsters I've ever had.

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 02:47:22 AM »
I've been looking around for an IWB for the SP-01, and I think I like the offerings from Falco... Fobus makes an interesting looking tactical holster. I wonder if it would work for IPSC... But that's in the future.

Any reason I should NOT get a Falco?

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »
Rodolfo: Does the holster you linked work with the 75B?

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:29:48 AM »
No it fits my compact,  I like the Front Line style better for my 75 BD.  The loops are for a more rearward wear.  But, once you start wearing it they mold to fit.  I trimmed the pointy straps so they do not extend past the holster.
http://www.amazon.com/Israeli-MIlitary-Front-Line-Leather-Waistband/sim/B003XEDPS4/2

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:36:06 AM by Rodolfo Fierro »

Logan

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 08:45:22 AM »
I've got a Crossbreed clone from Harwell Holsters that I like better than Crossbreed's. It seems more comfortable and has rounded edges to the leather. A bit softer and thinner leather as well. I had a Crossbreed for a G19 that bit into my leg when I sat down. This one for my CZ75B is extremely comfortable. I can't imagine anything better. (No, I'm not trying to advertise for Harwell :) )

bigborephil

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 04:25:49 PM »
MTAC

b5.5dan

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »
That Crossbreed clone looks amazing. I'm ordering one on the 21st! I will check on the MTAC. Checking now... OK. MTAC says they only fot the P-01. Any chance tehy do the 75B or SP-01?

bigborephil

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »
i would call them and see how they feel about putting a 75 in the cz-01 holster.  They are worth it.

b5.5dan

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
The SP-01 is wider than the standard 75B. Enough so that the two are not interchangeable. However, the CTAC has an offering for the SP-01/SP-01 Tac. That would do nicely. I would rather have the leather backing, but I'll give them a shout and see what they have to say. Thanks again!

bigborephil

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »
With the leather backing, narrower should be fine.  Just mess with the tension. 

b5.5dan

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »
Thanks sir! Good looking holsters. How long have you been using them? The drop-down menus mostly have the P-01, but at some place on their website it looks like they list the 75B and the SP-01. So... It seems like with a call (especially if they are as good as you say) they should be able to make whatever for whatever, so to speak.  :cheesy:

I know that purchasing holsters is a trial and error system, but I don't make much money, so I really need to get a good one the first time I spend $100. With that in mind, would you still recommend them?