Author Topic: tactical sport, ghost engage of safety, problem  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Phil

tactical sport, ghost engage of safety, problem
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:54:09 AM »
i just bought a used tactical sport.
Used it for 3x10 rounds, fired smooth, no problem.

Then I started experimenting with the last 2 magazines, putting it down after a few rounds, with safety on.

But.. then it refused to fire, after successfully shooting 1 round. No failure to eject, no misfire...
i just pulled the trigger, and got nothing. Safety was visibly off, red dot clearly showing.

but, I decided to hard toggle safety on, and off.
Then it fired.

It happened TWICE more, during the next 15 or so rounds.

Anyone seen this before?
Thoughts on whether this is something I am doing, or bad gun, or dirty gun, or what?

Offline Phil

Re: tactical sport, ghost engage of safety, problem
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
huh.

disappointing that I got no replies here, but did get a reply from a generic gun forum elsewhere.

They recommend that I have my thumb "ride the safety",and that the tac sport is designed to be used that way, "similar to the 1911"

Leo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »
How much upward movement is needed to engage the safety?  On both of my TS Oranges, even the slightest upward movement would engage the safety. I relieved the fit internally so this would not happen. The safety levers on both guns now need to be in the fully upward position engage the safety.

Offline Phil

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »
huh.

fun fact, btw:
me riding the safety, did not stop it from engaging!
it was never the safety lever

A friend watching me confirmed that I was not touching it, on either side.
he tried it, and it didnt lock for him at all.

He suggested I not pull the trigger so hard.
When I concentrated on only pulling it lightlyi.. it didnt lock up for me.
what????
All because of the plastic trigger, which is bending and doing bad things to the safety mechanism perhaps??

Leo

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »
Interesting. I still have the factory installed plastic trigger on my TSOs and have never had that happen. Have you inspected where the safety and sear engage?  I’m wondering if something got in there (debri, metal shaving, etc) causeing the sear from moving freely.

Offline Copskid

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
Just a suggestion but considering you got the gun used someone may had played around with the trigger pre/take up travel. Not adjusted correctly will give you an unreliable trigger. Just a thought, good luck.