Author Topic: CZ TSO Questions  (Read 10930 times)

Offline NMhvactech

Re: CZ TSO Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
I'm so sorry to keep bothering you Leo, but do you have any pics of your magwell blending. Looking at the frame in the back were the 2 large nubs stick out, it seems to me they keep the magazine from wobbling side to side. Also I traced on the frame in pencil around the inside of the magwell then removed the magwell and I'm thinking there is going to be very little material left if I blend it perfectly. Looking at Tangfolio Limited or 2011's there seams to be more frame material or maybe the magwelll is made more undersized? How did you refinish the frame after filing?

Leo

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 08:01:39 PM »
I'm so sorry to keep bothering you Leo, but do you have any pics of your magwell blending. Looking at the frame in the back were the 2 large nubs stick out, it seems to me they keep the magazine from wobbling side to side. Also I traced on the frame in pencil around the inside of the magwell then removed the magwell and I'm thinking there is going to be very little material left if I blend it perfectly. Looking at Tangfolio Limited or 2011's there seams to be more frame material or maybe the magwelll is made more undersized? How did you refinish the frame after filing?

[/size][size=78%]Like you, I marked my frame where it extend beyond the magwell but did it with a white paint marker. I then removed the magwell and it left a perfect line to remove material. I made sure to take my time installing and removing the magwell to ensure I was following the contour of it. I initially used a dremel to remove the bulk of metal, then moved to using jewelers files and sandpaper. When they were blended, I used a bluing pen to coat the bare metal. You can go a step further and use the liquid gun bluing stuff but I didn't bother knowing these would hard use competition guns.  I think you will be okay as long as you take your time. As soon as I get a moment I will take some pictures of my guns.  [/size]

Offline NMhvactech

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 11:38:02 AM »
Does anyone else have any conserns of questions regarding the new TSO's? What Modifications are you doing to them? Has anyone measured their barrel free bore, max - min OAL? I'm just wondering what other people think about them and what you mods you might be doing with to them? What equipment are you using, holsters, belts, mag pouches, etc? If shooting in any competitions, how has that been?

Offline NMhvactech

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »
Leo any pics of your magwells yet? The only thing I have done is change the thumb safety to a CZC extended, I should have ordered the S2 safety instead. With enough dry fire practice, I've gotten use to the pistol and love it. Of course nothing is perfect but with enough practice it is a great pistol,
I highly recommend over any of my polymer pistols for competition👍🏼👍🏼

Leo

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »
Sorry for the delay. Here is a couple pics of when I first blended the magwell and how it looks after some use.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh516/CZLeo/AD45E230-948A-4118-BB53-63185EBEC765_zps3xusgvab.jpg

Offline NMhvactech

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »
Wow, the magbases are wearing. Do you feel this mod has helped your speed in reloading?
I'm looking for a new larger thumb rest do you know of any?
Another thing I noticed is the mags jam when they are in the sand and need to be cleaned every time.
The ranges here in NM are all sand!!! Have you noticed or had similar issues with your mags?
What kind of lube are you using? Do you run CZ's wet?
I know I'm full of questions and I'm sorry, but you seem to the right guy to ask!

Leo

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 06:53:54 AM »
I feel not blending the magwell would be a huge disadvatange when trying to be fast. Magazines would certainly hang up on the edges of the base of the grip/frame.

Even though I have purposely ran my magazines dirty to see how much they could take, I clean any magazine that has touched the ground.

As far as lubricant, I use weapon shield and do run my guns wet.[size=78%] [/size]

Offline frgood

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »
Does anyone else have any conserns of questions regarding the new TSO's? What Modifications are you doing to them? Has anyone measured their barrel free bore, max - min OAL? I'm just wondering what other people think about them and what you mods you might be doing with to them? What equipment are you using, holsters, belts, mag pouches, etc? If shooting in any competitions, how has that been?

I do not run a TSO, just the TS .40 for, about, 3 years now.
The only change I made was an extended RH safety as I am left handed. While I did purchase the aluminum trigger, I never found the need to implement it. I am a beginner USPSA Limited shooter and as I learned trigger control, I found that there is not enough stress on a 1 3/4# pull. If I torque the trigger, I'm pulling too hard and long. My splits improved when I treated the trigger lightly.

I also put on FO sights only to remove them later as I did not get the any level of improvement as I practiced my skills more.

Lastly, I am considering blending the magwell. However at my current skill level it would be only cosmetic. The mags, currently, are loading without a hitch. But then again I'm finding the narrow mag opening fall far within the TS Magwell opening.