Author Topic: VERY STIFF SLIDE  (Read 2762 times)

Offline bengray3@yahoo.com

VERY STIFF SLIDE
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »
I am the new owner of a cz75B S.A. and the slide is very hard if I change the recoil and trigger spring will that help, if so what are the weights from the factory and what do you recommend. I plan to use mostly for target shooting. Thanks Ben

Offline frgood

Re: VERY STIFF SLIDE
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:50 AM »
Being new it may be too early to tell. I would usually consider the gun after the first 1000 rds have been tossed.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
FRGOOD has good advice that you should shoot it a bit before making changes.  The recoil spring and the HAMMER spring will make the most difference on the slide.  When reducing the hammer spring to a very low rate you should look into reducing the firing spring and replacing the pin with a Cajun Gun Works pin also.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/61050-perfection-series-firing/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:01:02 AM by Rodolfo Fierro »

Offline MedicRijos

• CZForum.com Shooting Team member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:10:32 PM »
I would look into CZ Customs or Cajun Gun Works. As far as which springs you should get, it all depends what you plan to do with it, competition ect.. and are you loading your own ammo, or factory? All of that depends. If you load your own, at approx 127-130PF, then I recommend 11 main and recoil.
YouTube: Rafy Rijos
Facebook: Rafy Rijos

Offline bengray3@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
Thanks for the info, took it out yesterday and put a couple of hundred down it and it is a little easier, so I think I will take your advice and wait a while.. It really shoots nice.

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 07:53:17 PM »
Run about 500 rounds thru her, it will loosen up.