Author Topic: New P 09 owner  (Read 2201 times)

Offline jwuleo

• The glass is always half full
New P 09 owner
« on: June 06, 2017, 08:08:25 PM »
Hello everyone, new CZ owner, new poster here.

I initially posted under CZ Handguns but looks like this is the place to start:
Just bought my first CZ, it's a P 09 to replace an S&W SD9VE I recently sold. Not meaning to knock the S&W but WOW what a difference.
I was fairly satisfied with the SD9VE, I had shot it enough that my grouping was getting pretty tight: about 6" at 10 yards. My son bought a Springfield Armory XD40 about 2 months ago, the first time I shot his gun the shot group was tighter than mine with the SD9VE after shooting 750 rounds through it. I realized the weight of the pistol really mitigated the recoil. That made me decide to sell my S&W right there. I did a lot of research and must have watched 100 youtube videos before I made my purchase this time. Really excited to go shoot the new pistol every time I get a chance now, feel like a kid with a new toy(I most assuredly realize it's NOT a toy).

Here's my story: Was in the Army back '68-'71, I trained on the M-14 and shot everything they would let me touch. I've owned a Ruger M77 chambered in 270 since the mid-80's but didn't own a pistol until February of this year. When I decided to buy a pistol I took a safety training class and a ccw training class. I bought the SD9VE strictly on price point, an inexpensive gun but rated pretty highly. Owning the S&W was a great learning experience but it didn't take long to want more.
I'm pretty sure I've got a gun I'll keep for a long time and add to my small collection as I can as well.
JimU

Offline Dvrdwn72

Re: New P 09 owner
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 01:03:05 AM »
The more I shoot my p09 the more I want to shoot it. Very good platform, I really like it.

Offline jwuleo

• The glass is always half full
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
Since I'm a newbie here most of you may already know the following information but I want to pass the following on:
I wanted to get a couple more magazines for my P 09 and after doing lots of internet research the place that came up a number of times was gregcotellc.com
I went to their web site and placed my order but for some reason the order wouldn't process. I called in and Greg actually picked up the phone, he was very apologetic eventho it wasn't his fault and he went on to hand process my order. What a really nice guy, very pleasant to talk with, I was very impressed and will use him every time I can.

I've already found a few large gun companies that I will never buy from based on their lousy customer service but Greg Cote is just such a great guy and also very knowledgeable you want to support him.

I gotta believe there's many people on this forum that have probably had great experiences with Greg?????

JimU

Offline MedicRijos

• CZForum.com Shooting Team member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 11:33:49 AM »
I agree with Greg Cote, very fast service too. Check out Cajun Gun Works for upgrades for your P-09, you will be impressed
YouTube: Rafy Rijos
Facebook: Rafy Rijos

Offline Warbird

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 09:02:41 PM »
Welcome from Cleveland, OH!
Steve
CZ P-07 (.40 S&W)

"God Bless America" - we need this now more than ever!