Author Topic: P-01 Leather OWB Holster Suggestions - High Noon, Privateer, MTR, Mitch Rosin?  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Sprags

OK. Not to beat a dead horse into the shape of a holster I'd like to get a nice one for my new P-01. I had Galco holsters before for other firearms and thought the leather and fabrication quality were very good compared to a few others I also tried. I lived in Cincinnati and met the owner of Stoner Holsters at a gun show and the ones he had at the show looked ok so I had him make one. I wasn't happy at all. I thought the overall quality and finish was very poor. I ended up trading it for something else on the Glock forum.

Anyway...I'm going to get a High Noon Holster either a Slide Guard or Topless for the P-01. But I have ordered a 2075 RAMI BD and I'm going to need a holster for that one also. I have read that MTR Leather is good. Also Privateer. Same as Mitch Rosin.

So can anyone tell me there opinions on these Holster companies as far as quality, fit, finish, etc and maybe compare them against each other.

Thank you.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
My suggestion is to check out Alessi
 http://www.alessigunholsters.com/belt-holsters/
I have been very happy with their holsters.
As for Mitch Rosen I was not happy.  After complaining about his holster, hoping to get it workable, all I got was grief.

Offline Sprags

Thanks for the heads up. I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and get something that's well made and looks good rather than try to save a few and get disappointed.

Offline ut83

Since Lou passed on, he was a good friend and my first mentor. His family just doesn't get gunleather like he did.
Check out my site and if I can help please let me know.
 Www.hbeleatherworks.com
Also Facebook has a site for HBE as well.

Great gun. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Shoot well.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
I have bought several Alessi holsters since Lou passed and they are of first rate quality.

Offline ut83

My humble apologies. That didn't sound like I meant it too.
I've seen the leather before and after Lou's passing and they do
Make a very good holster.  I personally don't think it's what Lou used to make
In comparison though.  That was my point.

It's still a very well made holster. Hope that makes more sense.

I owe Lou everything as he was the first major maker to tell
Me to continue making leather and was the first to help me improve my craft
And my stuff sucked pretty badly back then.

Again please dont take my comment as a slam to Alessi leather.
It's just Lou put something special into each and every pc he made
And it just felt special. Hope that makes more sense.

Offline Sprags

Things have changed so my holster purchase is on hold for now. It's giving me more time to consider other options.

For me the most comfortable concealed carry holster I have had in the past was a Galco SOB that was an OWB holster I wore at the 6 o'clock position under a jacket. I tried IWB holsters that were designed for the 2 and 4 o'clock positions that to me were not comfortable at all.
I can understand how a true SOB holster can be potentially dangerous and I imagine that may be why Galco has stopped making them. That and they probably don't sell a lot of them. So I'm willing to purchase and wear a 5 o'clock position holster.

Just as a side note I was watching the new episode of Blacklist last week and Redington happened to have a holster he wore at the 5 o'clock position. Without a jacket on its quite obvious and for TV they probably made it even more obvious by having his belt not pulling it close to his body. Along with the holster being for a full sized gun.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:30:28 AM by Sprags »

Offline ut83

The whole "it's dangerous" thing you read about on the net is really in question. From a daily makers stand point...There are 2 problems with SOB holsters. The first is comfort. You can't sit for any length of time without it becoming uncomfortable. 2nd and more critical is access to the gun. You need to think about if you're fighting an armed bad guy off with your left hand....can you really get to your gun with your right hand? In a panic with your life in danger.

That's what most people don't think about. 85% of those who carry do so between 2:00 and 4:30

No matter what holster you choose make sure it does 3 things. It conceals the gun well, it's comfy and you have easy access to it.