Author Topic: CZ Short rail to standard rail comparsion  (Read 18228 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
CZ Short rail to standard rail comparsion
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:30:02 AM »
lazyengineer put together this side by side comparison of the Short rail and the standard rail used since the middle to late 70's until now. He really put some work and thought into putting the show and tell together, I have looked at it twice and I am sure I will be referring to it again. It's posted on the other Forum and he gave me permission to link it to our forum.

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=39657.0
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: CZ Short rail to standard rail comparsion
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:10:40 AM »
Very cool. Thanks GW that's good reading. One thing I agree with for sure is the under cut trigger guard on the Pre B would be more comfortable. I have the Hogue grips in my 75B and my finger is pushed up into the trigger guard. The Pre B looks like it would be more comfortable. But (Big But) one can easily see how the under cut trigger guard shows it's age. That is evident on many older guns, not just CZ's. All that said, I think I like the long rail better though. It just looks better and seems that more contact area would make for a more rigid/accurate platform.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ Short rail to standard rail comparsion
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »
        If I understood some of the entire discussion not only there but elsewhere apparently other than the 75th year Anniversary pistol CZ is not now or ever going to remake Short rails for just the reasons you stated.

So other than Pre-B short rails and these 75th year ones you had better look fast because these are it. and there is only going to be 75 of them sent to the North American Continent and those are going to be the 75B style only with short rails. Any Pre B shortrails found lately have been in the 1500 to 2000 dollar price range, and no idea what the Anniversary ones are going to go for.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice