Author Topic: 75th Anniversary Pistol  (Read 48997 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
75th Anniversary Pistol
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »
I wrote to CZUB and asked about when the CZ 75 75th Anniversary pistol might be available, below is a copy of the responce:

Dear Mr Niehaus,

First of all we want to thank you for your meritorious and beneficial activities in the CZForum.
 This Forum now looks as totally upgraded, revamped, and is very modern and well-arranged.

So here is the answer to your inquiry regarding the CZ 75th Anniversary model particulars:

The CZ 75th is still in production and currently is not released for sale. This model is planned to be launched on the market at the Autumn of this year, no fix date is set so far. In total these pistols will be made in 6 batches with 75 pieces each. Division into six batches takes into account six Continents into which Česká zbrojovka for 75 years of its existence expanded and still expands. So available will be following batches of pistols chambered in 9 mm Luger: 

1. Europe
2. North America
3. South America
4. Asia
5. Africa
6. Australia

For CZ-USA there will be a special version of anniversary model embellished with engravings and built on a design of the current CZ 75 B pistol.
 The specifications for the CZ 75th Anniversary model will be as follows:

Overall appearance: Copy of the original CZ 75 as it was in 1975
Cal.: 9 x 19
Magazine capacity: 16
Trigger mechanism operation: SA/DA
Frame: Steel
Grip panels: Aluminium, anodized (retro-version), black colour
Sights: Fixed
Overall length: 206 mm
Barrel length: 114 mm
Height: 138 mmWidth: 35 mmWeight: 1 000 g
Barrel: hammer forged, glossy finish, stainless surface treatment, frame and slide burnished, controls in glossy finish.
Safety features: Manual safety, safety notch on the hammer, firing pin block.

Once again many thanks for your work you do for the CZForum website. Please feel free to ask any questions you consider to be of even the slightes interest of the CZForum visitors or CZ firearm users, fans and connoisseurs.

Yours faithfully,

Ing.  Richard Velisek                                         Milan Kubele   
 Product Manager - Handguns                Translations & Info@czub.cz

Marketing

ČESKÁ ZBROJOVKA A.S.
 SVATOPLUKA ČECHA 1283
 688 27 UHERSKÝ BROD, CZECH REPUBLIC
 Fax : +420 572 633 811
 Mail : INFO@CZUB.CZ
 WWW.CZUB.CZ

This letter and the compliment along with the information from CZUB regarding the 75th Anniversary, could not have happened without the help, advise, encouragement from Kev Rees. Ken was one of the Founding Fathers of the CZForum some 10? years ago as I have said before. Along with some others, which I will name if they let me, (So far I believe that Angus Hobdell, Otto N Sure, Widge, DenStinett, RFwobbly and Walt Sherrill) he and they started something that would grow and help put CZ's on the Pistol Map of the US. You won't recognise some of these SN because they belong to the other Forum) They spent many long years building the CZForum and with little or no recognition as near as I can tell from reading through their Archives. This is as much their letter as it is mine, Angryvikingman, DeeDubya and b5.5dan's our moderators.And yourselves our members.

Thank you each and everyone.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:08:14 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZ-Runner

Re: 75th Anniversary Pistol
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »
That's a great update.  Do you think you could ask for a photo of the CZ 75th Anniversary pistol?  How do I get my name on the waiting list for one of these?

Thanks GhostWarrior for posting this.

Bob

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »
       Good question, I'll ask, can't hurt, the most they can say is "we are waiting until the release this Autumn to post pictures" As for a List I have no idea how they are going to pull that trick off, since they are only sending each Continent 75 pistols, I fully do not expect to even come close to being able to snag one myself and I haven't even asked if CZ-USA has started a list since it's still a ways off.
       I figure they are only going to show that partial picture of the pistol on the CZUB wedsite, as a teaser for as long as they can. And really, if you think about it, the part they are showing is the main part of the weapon, the rest is mosrly flat surface.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »
I got an answer from CZUB today. Then didn't send any pictures but then I really didn't expect them to but they are going to be short rails as in the '70's but CZ is NOT going to go back to ever making short rails, as an actual production pistol. Her is a copy of the e-mail:
"
Dear Mr Niehaus,

1) The CZ 75 Anniversary is a retro version of the CZ 75 as made in mid-1970s. This model is outfitted with short rails in comparison with current CZ 75 B version.

2) Except for the CZ 75 Anniversary CZUB has no intention to go back to short rails. This return to the roots is merely and only a special edition to the special anniversary having the "75" numeral."

So now it's simply a waiting game untill they come out.

Yours faithfully, 

Ing.  Richard Velisek                                         Milan Kubele
Product Manager - Handguns                Translations & Info@czub.cz

Marketing
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:09:02 AM by GhostWarrior »

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:41:43 AM »
I can't wait to see them! I won't be able to afford one, but I'm still excited.

I've been looking at their "special edition" page... You know, the one with gold inlay, pearl filigree, and matching blades? Oh, man... CZ just makes suck beautiful firearms!

CZ-Runner

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »
75th Anniversary Pistol update

http://www.czub.cz/en/pages/305-new-2011.aspx

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »
A CZ short rail again..wow what a dream.
But only 75 in North America. that will be tough.
Can't wait to seem them.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »
          I am sorry to have to tell you folks but CZ-USA was only able to get 10 of the 75th Anniversary Pistols and apparently all 10 were sold within I believe I was told 15 mins.

Personally, I'm hoping at least one person bought one just to flip it. Keep in mind if you see one for sale MSRP was between $1200.00 and $1400.00 USD. So if someone is selling it for way more than you think a fair profit is or you want one bad enough to pay the price, jump on it.

On the plus side there is Supposedly a consolation CZ pistol being made that will be sold ONLY on the US. I saw a picture of it but I accidentally erased the post. Anyway, this is what I remember about it. First off it doesn't say 75th Anniversary anywhere on it that I could see It's silver over black, engraved beautifully with what may be ebony grips with a Silver Eagle swooping in to catch it's prey or land, Wings up and back, claws together and out in front. It also is not limited to 462 pistols as was the Anniversary Pistol, but it is supposed to be a limited run. Just a Lot more than the Anniversary model. Forgot to check if it was a short rail like the Anniversary one is supposed to have been. Also the Slide Release and the Safety are gold. Really a very shiny pistol. Price is less than the Anniversary but still over a Grand.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:39:03 PM by GhostWarrior »

Offline a.lol.cat

• European Gun Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »
They are in the wild...

I may be "that guy", I stumbled upon it quite by accident, but my real desire is for a proper original short-rail, so I'm torn....

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »
          I haven't seen a short rail for sale in the US on the last couple years, give or take. Not saying there wasn't a sale but I never saw or heard of it. Any chance they have another one? And if so how much?

And I will say you certainly know how to make one hell of an introduction! Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of folks here that have the same passion we do about CZ's. If you have questions, ask, if you can answer a question (you certainly answered this one with a vengeance  :laugh: ) then please by all means you are welcome to post your answer to the question. We really keep flame wars out of the Forum the second we see one starting. Everyone has a personal Opinion or experience, and they are entitled to them, and anyone that disagrees can have their say, but only as long as the discussion is kept civilized.

Again Welcome to the Forum, and thank you very much for post those 2 pictures. If you rather not say in public what they are going for, send me a PM if that's ok.

1911ES

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
  Wow, the 75th annivesary model is a beauty.  I thought my 75b Stainless was an eye catcher.... but it's too bad we'll not see many in the US.
  Hmm ..... wonder what are housing prices are in the Czech Republic ...  :rolleyes:

I've been looking at the CZ Custom Shop P01 Pro-Tek II.  Marvelous looking compact model ...... but it's more than twice the MSRP of my current P01.   Sweet pistol though .....  :cool:    Well, at least I already have a holster for it.

Offline usalinh

• QVO Tactical
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »
So nice! It looks so james bond-ish with that suitcase lol...
Cz Sp 01 tactical, Cz 75b nickel plated & stainless verisons, Cz 85b, Cz 97b, Cz P07 duty, Glock 17, Glock 21, Glock 24c, H&K 416d, Ruger 10/22 tactical bull barrel, Sig Sauer 516

Newguy

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »
Hi everyone!
Steve is the name and im the new guy here. Just wanted to add my two cents. I have been researching and found that CZ is one of, if not the best on the market in many aspects like looks, price, quality, reliability and accuracy so CZ is for me. I was about to make a purchase of a CZ 75 SP01 and came across the CZ 75th Anniversary Edition still in its original packaging and never used for less then what the MSRP shows above and that includes shipping. Have to say, i'm excited for the arrival of this gem. Also have to add that I am loving this forum and the information that I have acquired from it. Keep up the great work and the awesome posts everyone. Thanks and have a great day!
I may become CZSteve  :cheesy:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »
     Wow! Very nice first CZ! I am so jealous, when you get it would you post pictures and say what the Country is on the side. Like N. American, or S.America etc. I fully expect it to say N. America but who knows. Or is it the Silver colored one that says 75th Anniversary on the slide, and engraved w/gold colored controls? Either one is a great find.

And welcome to our Forum! We have fun here, try to help as many as we can, and we are glad you joined, Congratulations of finding that pistol. Mind PMing me and say where you found it? I have standing searchers in a lot of places and I know I missed some places to search, I would like to add it to my list.

Newguy

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »
Yes, I believe it was an awesome find and I will keep an eye out for more and will let you know if I find any. I will post pics and which Country for sure when it arrives. I am thinking its N. America also but will know more soon! It is the black and chrome one with "Limited Edition CZ 75th Anniversary" on it. Comes in a leather briefcase type of box with two mags. I will PM you as soon as I locate that name, I marked it down on a piece of paper here somewhere. To date it is the only one I have found but my search continues and you will be the first to know of any such find as I want to help others be as fortunate as I was.

Thanks for the welcome, I hope to contribute to the fun and the search to make others fulfill their dreams.