Author Topic: Anyone order a conversion setup for a witness  (Read 6035 times)

69daytona

Anyone order a conversion setup for a witness
« on: December 11, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »
I have had a witness in 45acp for about 20 years now, still a very good shooting gun, I ordered a 10mm conversion kit from EAA about 3 weeks ago, still waiting for them to make it I guess, They are very slow.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has done a conversion and how did it turn out(was there much fitting required)?
Thanks

DresserDan

Re: Anyone order a conversion setup for a witness
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:59:24 PM »
Just found this site and I am also looking for a 10mm conversion for my 38 sup-45acp pistol.Where do you buy parts from? I can not find any thing like I want[10mm Long Slide] Does amyone make this?

69daytona

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
I ordered mine from EAAusa.com  They dont have any long slides but they could probably make you one i their custom shop.

kneelingatlas

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »
This 10mm long slide started life as a Witness steel 45/22, the conversion kits from EAA are designed to be 'drop-in' so they generally don't need to be fit.  EAA is not a manufacturer, but merely an importer of Tanfoglio products which are made in Italy; they may have a custom shop I'm not aware of, but they definitely don't manufacture the parts they sell.

DresserDan

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:40 AM »
Nice How did you make it into a long slide?I have a 38 super long slide now with a standard 45 conversion for it.

kneelingatlas

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »
How did you make it into a long slide?

I'm confused by the question???  Conversion uppers are available in compact (3.6" barrel), standard (4.5"), long slide (4.75") and really long slides for the 6" barrel guns.

69daytona

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:23:34 PM »
The question was... Has anyone done the conversion on a witness and was there any fitting required? When I called to order my conversion kit they said there will be some fitting required? I am still waiting for the kit to show up. I guess they want you to wait as long as possible, calling does no good. seems the people I get a hold of at their customer service all have bad attitudes.

DresserDan

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 05:12:37 PM »
I have looked on the EAA wesite and they do not list any long slides in 10mm.All they show is standard and compact.I have a 38 super long slide with a standard 45 top end.Could a 10mm long slide be made with a 45 top and a 10mm barrel?

kneelingatlas

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »
.40 slide and a 10mm barrel is the combo you're looking for.  Pay no attention to the website, ALWAYS CALL to check on what's in stock and to order.

DresserDan

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 05:46:16 PM »
Thanks The web site leaves a lot. Would the 38 super slide work?That would save me from having to buy a new slide if it does.

kneelingatlas

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 07:28:16 PM »
It could, try slipping a 40 cal/10mm under the extractor and see how it feels.  I doubt it will function reliability, but I've been wrong... once :grin: