Author Topic: 411 on EAA Witness w/ wonder finish  (Read 4522 times)

NicVerAZ

411 on EAA Witness w/ wonder finish
« on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »
A local guy is selling a barely used .40 S&W EAA Witness with wonder finish for $350. It has the 4.5" barrel.

I am looking for an affordable pistol to shoot USPSA limited major, something with a rather good firepower and that I can expand upon as I go.

How good are these compared to the limited edition? Can one improve it with DIY gunsmithing and after market parts?

Can I for instance replace the sights with competition oriented ones, with E/W adjustment in back, FO in the front? The rear sight on these look "mil-specky" as far as the cut.

What is the maximum round capacity for these? I've heard you could get extended magazines with a 19 round capacity?

Thanks in advance            

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: 411 on EAA Witness w/ wonder finish
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! The price seems pretty good as NIB are running $416-$550. Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge on EAA. I'm sure someone else will chime in and be able to answer that better for you.

Again, welcome to our forum!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

kneelingatlas

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
I saw your post on BE's is getting the response I would expect there, so I'll give you my take here:

It's absolutely possible to build a kick ass Limited gun from a stock Witness; if you're like me, it's less about saving money, and more about the project (maybe there is a little satisfaction to shooting a sub $500 gun which performs side by side with $4,000 2011s!).  I actually did something similar when I bought a used 45/22, sold both the uppers and bought a 10mm longslide with the factory adjustable rear sight:

I used the hammer and trigger from a CZ75 Tactical Sport to convert to SAO (both available direct from CZ for under $50 total) along with $20 worth of springs and some polishing which resulted in a crisp #2 trigger.

If you want an adjustable rear sight and FO front, I suggest you sell the standard length upper and buy a longslide conversion like I did because the longslide is milled to accept the LPA nice and low in the hand, whereas if you put an LPA in a standard slide, it will stick up like this:

kneelingatlas

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:12:36 PM »
Sorry, that first picture was pre SAO conversion: