Author Topic: What is going on with CZ support!?! Also roll pin specs?  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Ynot

What is going on with CZ support!?! Also roll pin specs?
« on: October 22, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Look I get that some companies only do support through email and CZ has apparently stopped answering the phone, but they are barely replying to email anymore. Before if I had an issue with one of my guns I would get someone on the phone. Usually some dude that handled it quick or the girl that knew everything. Now, nothing. I had a firing pin retaining pin fail so I tried to call several times and then sent an email. First they sent out the part to the wrong address and now it’s going back to them because they sent it requiring a signature and I’m gainfully employed so I’m not home during their delivery times. Seriously this is a $2.00 roll pin not even worth my gas to drive and pick it up. I’m getting the picture that who they have still working there have given up since they announced they are moving and made their relocating offers already. Are they really going to just let it go to shit till they get established in Little Rock? I love CZ products and CZUB is the tits but CZ USA has been an absolute failure destroying the brand in the US  market(too many instances to list... OR Shadow 2, Bren 2 rollout). Hey I’m only upset because I care.
Anyway does anyone have the specs for the P-09 firing pin retaining pin? Mine disintegrated and the shit bags are ruining my hobby.

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
Re: What is going on with CZ support!?! Also roll pin specs?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 07:49:51 PM »
Hi Ynot,
The factory CZ firing pin retaining pins are soft "rollpins," so not durable. Also since they're not hollow, the wounding cannot be detected visually so you're "blind" until the firing pin jams; not a robust failure mode!
A better solution is a harder "spring pin," which besides being more dent-resistant, allows visual detection of deformation (if it were to be so gross as to manifest in the pin's ID). CGW sells good ones, and McMaster-Carr offers "Mil Spec" upgrades that are made from some of the best steel. The gap should be oriented upward; also consider slight rounding of the rearward slot edge's intersection with the firing pin's OD to reduce digging/deformation.
See ~ 3/4 of the way down on http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5426.msg22929#msg22929
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth