Author Topic: This is priceless  (Read 5113 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
This is priceless
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
          No idea at all where this came from orginally, it was sent in an email, and I wish I knew so I could thank the person that took the picture and posted it, and the person who put the sign up in thier yard in the first place.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: This is priceless
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
Not baad!
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 05:16:44 PM »
           Seriously, I rolled when I saw this. And if you have ever seen a born again defender of the 2nd Amendment, foaming at the mouth, I'll give you 10 to 1 odds that person was a total and complete believer in Gun regulation, right up to the time they or a member of their family had a face to face with an armed intruder or something else even more offensive happen.

The only people I tolerate less than religious fanatics are anti-gun fanatics that think the police will protect them, and if they fail then the courts will dole out Justice to the miscreants.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
GREAT picture! haha! I would put one of those up, but all of my neighbors are locked and loaded... This is Utah, after all.  :laugh:

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »
GW, no offense to you as a prior LEO, but police only clean up the mess and try to find the culprit later. As the saying goes, "When seconds count, Police are only minutes away."

Having said that, I wouldn't mind being an LEO, but I am also a realist. You can't hit pause until the police arrive.

I LOVE THAT SIGN!!!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »
         Ya think?

The best responce rate I have ever heard of was 10 mins. People can bleed out in less that 5 well actually less than 3 depending on where exactly they get shot. Anti gun people are dumber than a bag of hammers. And they still want to know why the Leo's took so long to respond? Let me count the ways:

1) The knuckle head didn't have an alarm system and figured the LEO's would know by mental telepathy that they needed help.

2) They called the LEO's and were expecting a car to be parked in their neighborhood simply waiting for their call.

3) The same knuckle heads don't bother to vote, let alone vote out the even dumber Politicians that cut the LEO's and FD  budgets.

4) Said Knuckle heads, think they are not criminals because they only run stop signs, red lights, speed and or drive drunk, all of which is in fact criminal offences whether civil or criminal charges. They are still violations of the law and think they aren't subject to said laws let alone why they should be stopped and ticketed. And that the LEO's should be out  "catching Real criminals" instead of them. (mind you they have NO idea what the definition of Harassment actually is, either by legal standards or Webster's Dictionary standards.

5) Said ticketing which keeps the LEO's from responding to said "Real Criminal" crimes.

6) Said Knuckle heads blame police for not protecting them from said "Real criminals" when they should have the intestinal fortitude to defend themselves.

7) Said knuckle heads think everthing bad that happens to them is someone else's fault.

8) Selfsame knuckle heads are also prone to think the LEO's shouldn't even have weapons, since they are dangerous and the LEO's shouldn't hurt anyone even if that anyone is trying to kill said LEO. Excepting of course when said LEO is using said weapon to save their sorry buts from the aforementioned "Real" criminals, and even then they fully expect the LEO's or FD to pay to clean up the the blood and make everything "Right"

And so on and so forth. And so it goes.

We also hear on a regular basis. "I'm a tax payer and I pay your salary" That sets me off more than anything else the dummy can say, since taxes are taken out of our paycheck's, same as theirs, said taxes also go into to same pot said LEO is paid from, Essentially making said LEO Self Employed.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »
Actually, only city and state tax pay for FD and LEOs. In TN we have sales tax, city, and county "property" tax. As it stands, I pay about 1 week of salary for 1 LEO, and half that for FD. I know thats why there are so many LEOs on the prowl to bust speeders. Thats why when I get caught, and I do from time to time, I fess up and try to get the LEOs giggling. Usually I start the conversation like this "Aw damn, you got me. Well, you won this time. (cop giggles) Oh, by the way, I have a carry permit and I'm armed. (Cop cocks his head like a confused dog. Just the look on the face not calling them dogs and I've even heard them say "whaaaa? ok?") I tell them they can disarm me, but they just ask for License, permit, and registration. Because crooks wont just tell them they're armed. LOL. The conversation usually turns to guns, and I usually dont even get a warning. Getting them laughing and talking guns is almost as good as telling them you had to go poop. BTW, I agree with all your points.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »
          That's one thing extremely few people understand, Polite works wonders, Nice works, wonder, Lying simply jerks our chain, and pretty much guaranties a ticket. Not saying you won't get a ticket for being nice and or polite, But you do get out of there about 5 times quicker, and the odds are in your favor the ticket ends up for at least one step down from what the original stop was for. When ever I was forced to have to stop someone and write a ticket, and I could find the ticket book, I let the driver and their passengers write the ticket, by how much they yapped stupid