Author Topic: Shooting tacsport at TBSPC  (Read 9063 times)

Offline TacSportShtr

CGW SP01 Shadow 9mm
CGW Tactical Sport .40
P07 1st gen
P09 threaded
Member USPSA
Member IDPA

Offline TacSportShtr

Re: Shooting tacsport at TBSPC
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »
And anyone is more than welcome to critique me, I've only been shooting USPSA for 4 months so still learning.
CGW SP01 Shadow 9mm
CGW Tactical Sport .40
P07 1st gen
P09 threaded
Member USPSA
Member IDPA

Offline frgood

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »
Geez, those runs looks sweet. I am not qualified to speak on shooting so I won't. From a pure athletic perspective, I always tell people to get up on the balls of their feet. Your body will align a more athletic (natural) stance and from that you will find your movement speed increases. You'll also note a steadier sight picture when moving. Don't go flat footed (heels resting on ground) that means you'll start to relax and cant backwards.

Oh, and put the Go-Pro on your chest. I'm sure that height would give me vertigo  ;)

Offline TacSportShtr

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »
Noted, and much appreciated! Yeah I need to get back on my leg conditioning game. I've been shooting with a pro shooter, and he's quick as a rocket. He said half of his training for the sport is actual physical training. Luckily at 6'4 ive got height on my side, so I can cover a good amount of ground quickly in half the steps haha! But could definitely benefit from being up on the balls of my feet more and gaining some explosive power as well.

I tried the GoPro on the chest, but your hands are in the way the whole time. It's not too bad on the head, check it out: https://www.facebook.com/chad.king.315/posts/10207866591614396
CGW SP01 Shadow 9mm
CGW Tactical Sport .40
P07 1st gen
P09 threaded
Member USPSA
Member IDPA