Author Topic: Name this Board  (Read 24009 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Name this Board
« on: July 15, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
           OK this Board is needed; it isn't going anywhere, but the Name, Title? I don't know leaves me cold. Anyone have a better idea for a name or where it should reside? Here where it is now or in a different position/place?

I'm going to leave this up for a couple weeks, then whatever names, and places come up I will make into a poll and everyone can vote on it/them. If a name gets more than one prop during the next two weeks, then I may unilaterally pick that one. Or not.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:56:53 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

Re: Name this Board
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »
Collectible and Antique CZs get my vote.

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 07:02:05 PM »
Not baad, but such a title might play into the hands of the collect and don't-ever-shoot-it brigade!

What about...OLD CZs- Historic, Collectible and Usable!

I personally do not buy into the concept that nice examples of historically significant firearms should be locked up forever in air conditioned gallerys. Yes, be careful with them. Buy a cheaper rifle for pig hunting and night-time pest shooting but take them out occasionally and allow them to be handled and shot. That way we spread understanding and pay back the favours that older shooters did when they allowed us to handle and shoot their treasured firearms!
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 08:24:54 PM »
       Well that's 2 names suggested and no suggestions on where it needs to be in the list. That's really not that big a deal. But come on folks 2 names in a week? are you folks telling me that buying a CZ was that last good idea you had?  :tongue: .
And I count myself in your groups since I'm not wild about my suggestion but at least I gave it a shot. Well actually that's rather then way my shooting has been recently so ................ :laugh:

This part is new, you can add as many names as you think would really work out, not useless stuff that has no bearing, and it doesn't have to be a straight line, Humour is good also. We want a fun board, we are family and families joke and kid around some.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »
I got it. "No FFL Required To Ship: Antique, Collectible, And Serviceable CZ Firearms "  :laugh:

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »
"Legendary CZ Library"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:03:04 PM by DeeDubya »
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

american lockpicker

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »
Any other Česká Zbrojovka

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
         Ok it's voting time. I'll post a poll and anyone that's intrested may vote. Even if today is your first day. It will be up untill Sunday, 18 Sept 2011. After that the winner goes up as the official Board name. Good luck to everyone. I think I may even through in a prize to the winner. Heck if I know what it will be yet, but it ain't going to be expensive.  :laugh:

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
It doesn't have to be expensive Sir! We all love CZS, and that means we know top quality doesn't have to mean top dollar  :laugh:

american lockpicker

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
When I said "any other" it was a play on "Any Other Weapon" or "AOW."  :wink:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:21:30 PM »
Ah ok thanks actually pretty good, sorry I didn't get it the first time around.

american lockpicker

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »
So what are we going with?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »
Well apparently no one but the authors cared and myself of course but I don't get to vote. I really was thinking more folks would vote. Very strange. I think I am going to use something I just thought of.
"CZ's of Yesteryear, in from the Cold, before CZ's were cool". Basicly I'm paraphrasing (stealing) 3 different differnt quotes. The Lone Rangers introduction "Tales of yesteryear" The CIA's term for Agents returning home "coming in from the cold" and Ole Tex's signature, "I liked CZ's before CZ's Were Cool!" Then again "CZ's of Yesteryears, before CZ's were cool" may work all by it'self.
Thanks for trying anyway. I know we have more than 3 active members. Now all we need to do is get some more action. ummmmmm I think that may have come out wrong?  :angel:

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »
GhostWarrior

Topics like this need to be especially visible to get a reaction, i.e. be noticed by people scrolling through to their favourite boards. If you put it just below ye olde gunsmith ... I suspect that you would get more views and posts.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 05:55:14 PM »
          Thanks for the suggestion, As you can see I took your advice. This board is an ongoing living thing, so change is allways an option. I'll allways listen/read anyones idea to make this the best board anywhere, anytine, anyplace. The only criteria I am insisting on is that the board is as neat and with clean lines,easily navigated, and it lets folks looking for something find that something easily, instead of having to hire a Sherpa to find their way.

About the only other thing I don't plan of messing with is the order I have the pistols in. all those boards are grouped the exact same as CZ-USA has them listed on their webstore site.