Author Topic: Who Carries "Condition One"?  (Read 27250 times)

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: Who Carries "Condition One"?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
I understand there are a few leo's who did not like the right-to-carry legislation from the beginning. They must have been listening to Chuck Schumer. Let's see I've had my CHL for around 16 years since it's inception in 1995 or 1996 and rarely hear of CHL holder's being involved in any crime. Actually you can see the Texas DPS conviction statistics at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/reports/convrates.htm.

You'd think the leo's would be just a little more worried about every other bozo who doesn't have a CHL but certainly has a gun in his vehicle. As with many states Texas does permit vehicular carry while traveling (gun and ammo stored separately).
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »
Glad I live in Florida where you are allowed to carry in your car cocked and locked. Does need to be 3 steps to access tho.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 11:24:11 AM »
DeeDubya:

Texas has a reciprocal agreement with Fl regarding CCW. So that is supposed to mean I can carry my pistol on me in the car or out, and Not have to separate the ammo and the pistol correct? Or was that part regarding the general population carry in car rules for those without CCW's?

[/color]chfields:[/i][/b]

A CCW here means you no longer have the 3 step rule when transporting a pistol in your car, or did someone change the rules and forgot to memo me on it?  :cheesy:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
DeeDubya:

Texas has a reciprocal agreement with Fl regarding CCW. So that is supposed to mean I can carry my pistol on me in the car or out, and Not have to separate the ammo and the pistol correct? Or was that part regarding the general population carry in car rules for those without CCW's?

[/color]chfields:[/i][/b]

A CCW here means you no longer have the 3 step rule when transporting a pistol in your car, or did someone change the rules and forgot to memo me on it?  :cheesy:
I don't have a CCW yet, so the 3 step rule still applies to me....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »
Yes the general (no felony) pop can carry a handgun in the vehicle if traveling and of course long guns if to/from hunting or the range. The days of hanging the ole lever action on a gun rack in the rear window are gone. Laws are always changing so someone correct me if I'm not accurate.
DW
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
DeeDubya:

chfields:

If it's like Texas then concealed is exactly that. You can't have a gun laying on the seat in plain view or like some Texans, laying on the dashboard with a box of ammo next to it. Being readily accessable, although concealed is the key. If you're driving through Badville at 3am and feel the need to have a friend next to you, then you can just leave it on the seat, cover it with a newspaper and be legal. :grin:
DW
~ James D. Miles

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 06:57:27 PM »
Always condition 1 with my CZ 75B 9mm (single action)  in winter and my Kahr K9 (double action) the rest of the year.

IMO if you CCW you are serious about self defense. So, act like it.

Offline Orlandochuck

• CZFORUM.COM SHOOTING TEAM MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
I always carry chambered. In Florida there is no requirement to advise an officer that you are carrying or have a concealed license. That being said, If I were to get pulled out of the car, I would tell the officer before exiting the car.
CZ 75 Shadow
IDPA Sharpshooter
USPSA
CZForum.com team member

Offline frgood

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
No discussion for us DA folks.  ha ha

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 02:25:50 PM »
I always carry with a round in the chamber and depending on the gun I'm carrying at the time, its either cocked and locked or decocked. Simce I now have my CCW, if I should get pulled over, I will tell the officer right away that I am CCW and carrying...
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline Pilot

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 12:41:58 PM »
I mostly carry the 75D PCR, which as we all know is a decocker, so I carry one in the chamber at the half cock notch.  When I carry my 75B, which is rare, it is also carried one in the chamber at half cock.  The only pistol I have ever carried C&L is my 1911's. 

Offline Rorge Retson

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2017, 07:52:30 PM »
You guys are talking about carrying cocked & locked. Here's my story .... [blah blah blah]... So all I can say is if you're driving through Texas, you might have your CHL ready and reconsider condition 1 carry!

I have no idea why you are commenting in this thread, but you are, so I will comment as well.

Your breaking the law and ending up in the back seat of a patrol car was 100% your fault.  You are lucky you did not lose your CCW.  You should have, IMO.

Cannot stand anyone who completely overlooks their own actions only to complain and b**** about someone else's. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:43:06 PM by chfields »

Offline Tom98915

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 12:35:46 AM »
I always carry cocked & locked. Here in Oregon it's not a concern. Unlike a neighboring state I do not hear anywhere near as much about robberies committed on people here since we are a shall-issue state and most people I know have a license to carry.

In the time it takes to draw AND cock the hammer you could have already been taken out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:40:17 AM by Tom98915 »
My teacher pointed to me and said " At the end of this ruler there's an idiot!"
I got into detention after asking WHICH end