Author Topic: CZ Kadet Adapter  (Read 9848 times)

bfarber

CZ Kadet Adapter
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:41:50 AM »
I bought my CZ75- SP01 last August and with the scarcity of 9mm ammo I checked into the Kadet Adapter 22LR.  Macbrides Guns had one in stock so I watched a few YouTube clips etc.  I compiled conflicting info on the changeover and even called CZ USA who said it should fit "no problem".  Well it didn't and come to find out with more checking it rarely does with out some custom fitting.  The issue is the oversized "tangs" at the end of the barrel that are larger than the ridge on the rest of the slide rail.  I read stories and post of file this much, tap on with rubber mallet, take to gunsmith etc.
Here is what I didn't see and highly recommend.  First the Kadet Adapter is probably not going to fit and yes you will be filing on your $400 adapter.  You can only file it to the right size ONCE so go slow with a good 1/4" file.  Get a GOOD set of calipers that will read accurately at least to the .01 inch.  Carefully measure the width of the slide rail ridge that runs the length of the barrel from side to side.  Lock the caliper and then check the oversized tangs at the end of the barrel.  Again only take a little off at a time and reset the calipers to the slide rail repeatedly and try again.  Once both distances match or are very close you have it and you can start trying to mount the Kadet as you get those tangs close.  30 min tops and you should be fitted.  I would also get a roll of electrical tape or other and wrap the areas of the barrel around where you are filing because there is a good chance you will scratch at least a tiny area unintentionally.  Anyway I am fired up about working with my trigger and gun weight at $0.05 a pop vs $0.25 or so a pop. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:00:57 PM by bfarber »

Online chfields

• Administrator
Re: CZ Kadet Adapter
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
The Kadet kit is an awesome accessory, I got one for Christmas. I must be one of the lucky ones, because it went on without much hassle, once I figured out how to install it... :cheesy: . Definitely makes it cost effective to shoot with 9MM ammo being so scarce and all.....Even having trouble finding 22lr. I was out firing it this weekend and had a blast...pun intended... :laugh: .

Have fun!!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

bfarber

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »
Your gun body and the Kadet Adapter are not the same length?  At least that's what I am thinking from a pic of a CZ 75B SA.  On my SP01 the Kadet barrel end is near even with the end of the gun body when mounted.

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »
I'm at work now and can't check it, but when I get home tonight I will take some pics and post them.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »
        I just read this, and I am buried under a Lot of catching up, but since I have the SP-01and a Kadet kit (by the way is yours a Kadet? or the Kadet II? as I seem to remember that there was something about the Kadet II and some versions of the CZ) I'm going to see if I have the same issues you had. I only have the Kadet Kit so I can't try the variations with the Kadet II Kit as well. But I'll call CZ tomorrow and see if they have a Kadet II kit and order it if they do.

Then I'll be more help at least regarding Kadet adaptors. I'm also trying to compile as much as I can "how too" information (both written and recorded) and Diagrams and put them all in one place so folks don't have to go through so much garbage when looking up information either with whatever browser they use. For every solid lead you find on the web you get at least a 100 that have absolutely nothing to do with your search. As I presume we all already know. Sorry, anyway as I wrote, I am working on that project, and I will check my my Kadet Kit with my other CZs
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:10:23 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bfarber

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Just the Kadet.  I have seen a pic of a Kadet 2 and it was actually a pic showing the filing points for fitting.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:58:45 PM by bfarber »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:14:03 AM »
      How did you do that? Adding the words and lines over the pictures? I would really like to to that, so if you would please enlighten us how that is done, I will mort appreaciate it. I have wanted to do that for a long time, just never met anyone that could do it, and every graphics I could think up, none of them had that feature. But then what I don't know about graphics S W you could fill a library with.

Thanks to you all for taking the time and effort to show this and talk about it.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »
GW, you just take the picture and open it up in MS Paint, and use the text tool. The circles and lines can be created with the respective tools.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
Ah so, thanks AMG never knew that. I can build out any computer and or network anyone wants and even load Most any software it needs to work, but actually using the software to it's full capacity is not in my list of accomplishments :laugh: . I'll give it a whirl now that I know about it. Pretty sure I can do that much. Just really glad it doesn't need Excel or one of the other MS Office products other than Word that is. :laugh: