Author Topic: Choosing a conceled and home protection gun  (Read 2458 times)

Offline alskicz

Choosing a conceled and home protection gun
« on: February 27, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »
Hi All,I currently have a CZ SP-01 phantom and CZ 97B, trying to decide on a CZ p01, 07 , or 10C.Any thoughts? This is for conceal and home protection thx

Offline DanielCChamberlain

Re: Choosing a conceled and home protection gun
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:39:35 AM »
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

My experience with CZ is limited to a stock CZ75 and a brand new CZ P-01 Urban Grey - suppressor ready.

I have no intention on putting a suppressor on it, but I liked the look and feel too much to walk away from the shop without buying it.

It's freakishly accurate, right out of the box. The first 16 rounds fired from it off hand at 15 yards created an 11 shot group into one ragged golf ball sized hole, with 5 shots scattered around the group, but very close. I'd post photos but evidently I'm not allowed to yet.

Recoil was like I was shooting a target .22!

Double action from the hammer drop position was heavy but smooth.
Single action was very crisp and light.

Conceal-ability is on par with many other staggered mag pistols, but with the Cool Hand slim grips I installed, it conceals very well. With the alloy frame, it is on par with many plastic pistols as far as weight is concerned.

I'm sold on the P-01.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:42:35 AM by DanielCChamberlain »

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:25:58 AM »
I too have a SP-01 & 97B, I have carried the SP-01 and it is fine except in hot weather.  I have gone back to my CZ 75C for year round carry.  Being an old timer I like steel guns.  The lightweight ones make my hands hurt if I shoot them very much.  I've always said that if you are considering a lightweight gun, you should consider loosing 5 lbs. instead.

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 07:10:56 AM »
I like both the p07 and p10c. If I only had 1 choice I probably would go with the p10c. It is a little less bulky than the p07, personal preference there. The p07 is now more of a house gun

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 08:02:53 PM »
Hi alskicz,
My 2 cents from those you've listed (since you already have the SP-01 and the 97!) would be the (decocker equipped) P-01, however; if you want the final cure for buyer's remorse, consider this post, which turned out to be irrelevant per additional info provided while it was yet being composed:
http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5759.msg23951#msg23951
The 2075 RAMI BD is CZ's only Subcompact; lighter, narrower, and more concealable (with 2.97 inch barrel) than the Compact P-01, and having unmatched ergonomics when the 14 round extended magazine is installed. Night sights are a bonus that I wouldn't want to be without.
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth