Author Topic: First range day with my CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Hasaf

First range day with my CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1
« on: July 14, 2018, 10:36:00 AM »
I realize that this is legally a pistol, there reason for posting in the Rifle and Carbine section is that, with the brace, it starts to fall into a blurred area between the definitions. Further, it is my intention to eventually SBR it. As it stands, I have an SB Tatical brace on it.

I purchased it a couple of weeks ago, Impact Guns had it online for a fair price; so I went in the local store that they have in Salt Lake and asked them to match their online price. Of course they did. Because I have my Concealed Handgun Permit, I was able to leave with  it that day.

The first thing I did was to work on the trigger. In original condition it had a trigger pull of between 11 & 12 Lb, it is actually outside of the range of my trigger scale; so I am just guessing.

The first thing I did was a detail strip of the trigger group, cleaned it, polished mating parts, and oiled it again. That got me down to between 8Lb & 9Lb, still outside of my trigger scales range, but close enough to eight, where my scale stops, to make a fair estimate.

I then added the HB Industries spring kit. That lowered the trigger weight to 5.4Lb, within the range on my scale, and I am calling the trigger done.

As I mentioned in this thread, I put together a range bag. I was wondering if it would damage the bag to put the Scorpion into the bag immediately after shooting; it did not melt the foam. I was glad about that.

As far as the shooting, I was very satisfied. From a rest (I was sighing it in) all shots landed within the 3 MOA area under the dot using a Bushnell trs-25. Because it is so lite I was able to score well when shooting offhand at 50 yards. Frankly, my offhand shooting with the Scorpion score was better than with my AR.

Overall the Scorpion showed a strong improvement in velocity over both th e Hi-Power and an M&P9c:

Firearm Average Velocity
Scorpion - 1188
Hi-Power - 1076
S&W 9c - 973
The ammunition used were commercial FMJ reloads and were quite consistent.