Author Topic: EAA Witness Elite Match Questions  (Read 6796 times)

orshooter

EAA Witness Elite Match Questions
« on: January 15, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »
Hello everyone,been raiding this site for info but would sure appreciate some answers to a couple specific questions. I want to buy a Cz 85 Combat but cannot find availability at this time, so thought I would buy a EAA Witness Elite Match in 9mm.To date, I have only handled a Cz75 and a Ar-24 and I love the ergonomics of both, especially the size/shape of the grip and the natural pointability.
My first question to Witness owners is :Is the Elite Match in 9mm (considered their small frame) the same size/shape grip as the 2 others I have handled? And if not can replacement grips or mods be used to make it comparable?
My second question concerns the difference between EAA's small(9mm) and large(.45 &10mm) frames: Do they use different grip thicknesses to compensate for the large frames bigger mag well? And if so can they be interchanged to reduce the size further on the small frame?
You can tell I am hung up on the grip size even tho I have good size hands, I want to get away from my current large caliber doublestack frame size to the great fit of the 2 pistols I have tried. Thanks in advance for any input.

Offline chimera

Re: EAA Witness Elite Match Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 11:48:05 AM »
I believe all witness Elite pistolsi available now are large frame. New grips will help but it will still be larger than the CZ.

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Yes. They are a bit larger than the CZ, but they feel great. Like handling a 97B. I think that all of their large frame grips are interchangeable, and their small frame (compact) are all interchangeable. The "Match" is a darn fine handgun. If I could afford one, it would be at the very top of my list...

orshooter

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
Thanks for the replies, given that they are slightly larger I now know that I want to handle one at a gun show before buying.

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:47:23 PM »
I am fairly positive you would adore that pistol. However, I understand wanting to hold one before plopping a grand down on a firearm (or however much the one you found is going for). If you could hold a 97, you would have the size, but not the exact feel, right there. The one warning I would have about waiting is, it may be quite some time before you come across one at a gun show. They aren't as popular as perhaps they should be...