Author Topic: Please explain the sight differences  (Read 6683 times)

nodakcz

Please explain the sight differences
« on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »
OK, so what is the difference between the tactical and competition sights? From what I can tell is that in the tactical, the corners are cut to be angled and they don't quite look as tall..and the competitions are squared away and sit higher. Am I missing something here or is that it?

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
Re: Please explain the sight differences
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:59 AM »
only the cut..Tactical is cut 30degrees on both sides.

czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

nodakcz

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
Perfect, thank you

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »
So can I make myself more "tactical" if I cut the corners off of my favorite hat?  :laugh:

Welcome to CZ Forum NodakCZ!

nodakcz

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »
AS  a matter of fact, yes. If you take the corners off of anything, it would be more tactical.

On a side note, is there any benefit of either cut. From my experience, my Range Officer has adjustable competition sights, which are sharp as all hell in the corners. Is that where the tactical has "the edge"?  :grin: [size=78%] [/size]

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 10:19:56 PM »
Wakka wakka!  :laugh:
You'll fit in great here!  :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »
He's fun'y inhe Brain? I mean after all not everyone is. NARF!
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
It seems to be an easy adjustment. But is there good evidence that tactical sights offer significantly better target acquisition or accuracy than competition sights??

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
From my very limited knowledge, I would guess that the "tactical" advantage would be that there is less to snag or catch on clothing during a draw on the tactical. I don't see how the edges would have any effect on target acquisition in any way. Just smoother and less to catch...

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »
              Well the thing no one touched on is that with the tapered corners instead of Square corners, You have an lot less probability of tearing up the lining of your vest, coat, jacket etc. Not to mention less probability of scratching yourself with the corner of the sight. I'm serious, you do not want to know how much it costs to reline your favorite jacket or vest, after the squared off sights cut it to shreds.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:18 PM »
Man, I have to be the most tactical. I must, I must.
So, I started filing the corners from my sights. That was tactical, but could I be more tactical? So I filed some more.
I have developed the ultimate tactical sights now. To the uneducated in all things extremely tactical, it would appear that I filed my sights completely away, not so. The dove tail portions is still there. This is an important difference, and only the truly tactical will recognize the importance. Of course I had to match the front sight with my new tactical rear sight. To the novice it too appears to be gone.

Sorry, I was in one of those moods.   :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
          Well everyone should have one (or more ok just more) of those moments, otherwise life just gets very boring. :cool: As you can see from some of my posts I have them all the time and I never let that stop me from posting some of them, NARF!

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 04:22:04 PM »
For me, taking a Dremel or a file to my pistol is almost sacrilegious.

I love it just the way it is.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »
       You are not alone in that feeling, but sometimes you need to look at all the angles and reasons for doing something. In general I don't disagree with you, but in reality I have to say there are times when it is the necessary.