Author Topic: New CZ 75 SP-01 Limited Edition Urban Grey Suppressor-ready ultimate bedroom gun  (Read 7458 times)

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
"The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;" -talk about "...steps...ordered..." & "...the desires of thine heart!"

While visiting PeachBoy son in Atlanta my eyes were drawn, while grocery shopping with Wifey, towards a nearby magazine rack where "CZ-USA" in bold heading jumped out at me.  Unable to resist the temptation, I'm quickly thereafter holding a Special Edition of Guns & Ammo TOTALLY devoted to CZ-USA product offerings and articles. Leafing through it (after word-for-word reading about the unique state-of-the-art trigger architecture of the new CZ P10C) I find the SP-01 Tactical having been chosen as the "fairest of them all" representative of the Subject Limited Edition line. OK, it's clearly pretty...

Next, PeachBoy and I are at Adventure Outdoors' excellent (and low cost) firing range for Father & Son target practice and lo and behold they have an SP-01 as one of their range rental pistols (for only $9.99!), an opportunity we both embrace as a first experience after having read numerous user reviews about it being the softest shooter among 9mm pistols.  It fully fulfilled the hype, earning PeachBoy comment "...like a staple gun."

Wifey, who is with us, decides to wait in the lounge area while we shoot, and is engaged by the friendly wait staff who, upon learning her pistol is the exemplary (pneumatically cushioned and very ergo) Walther CCP, says "did you know there's a recall out on the CCP?"  Turns out there must be some design issue (undoubtedly a tolerance stack-up problem) with the firing pin block that allows some units to drop shoot. So we decide we'll need to stop through Silver Bullet Firearms where we bought it to drop it off  for the warranty work on the way home.

Silver Bullet Firearms is a CZ dealer, being where I had found my RAMI BD (in stock!), so I broached the idea with Wifey of putting the Limited Edition SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready pistol on order, given the 3-6 month waiting period characteristic of CZ pistols.  "But then you'd have three pistols and I'd only have one!" was the immediate response. "Nay not so, it'll be your 2nd, and you won't believe how soft its recoil is -and the Hearing Protection Act is now in Congress under Trump; it's a big deal to not blow out your eardrums in the improbable case you'd ever need to use it for home defense."

So... now it's on order, TYJ, and I've already received (today) the CGW trigger job parts (SRS-2 Short Reset System, 5 Thick Trigger, RP-TRS Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring, and TR-PIN Floating Trigger Pin) awaiting my 3rd "trigger job" as soon as it comes in.

I also ordered the 75585 "Old Style" Trigger, with its slightly larger radius of curvature to see if perhaps it might result in an even more forward face (increased trigger reach via shallower bend if the tip and root were the same), but upon lining up the two triggers by their pin holes for comparison, it is apparent that the backsides align (woolduh... clearance to the frame) and the 5 Thick Trigger's forward face is approximately a constant 1.5mm forward/inward offset in comparison, i.e., approximately 1.5mm smaller radius, about common center. The tip of the 5 Thick Trigger is also considerably more blunt, as well, so no contest.

I guess my fabby 97 BD will have to get promoted from "Homeboy" to "Badboy," eh?   
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:33:07 PM by PappaWheelie »
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
So far still waiting on the special order Urban Grey Suppressor-ready SP-01 Tactical.

The formerly "nice trigger" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JULgWoLJGmQ of Wifey's CCP came back from the warranty recall with spectacularly "not nice" smoothness.

Meanwhile trusty RAMI BD has a new "Invisible" holster: http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5398.msg22795#msg22795

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
Meanwhile PeachBoy son has scored his own CZ SP-01 Tactical and completed his first trigger job.
http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438.0
He put his Sig P226 up for sale on GunBroker: this, along with his happily wearing both the CZ-USA trucker cap
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19891_Czusa-Cap-Natural--Khaki-Mesh-With-Logo
and the CZ-USA beanie
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19882_Czusa-Embroidered-Beanie--Black
that Santa brought lets me believe that he's a lifer.
-Wish I could shoot half as "good."
 :sad:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:35:20 PM by PappaWheelie »

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
After 1 year, 1 month, and 26 days of patience, the call came that Wifey's CZ 75 SP-01 Limited Edition Urban Grey Suppressor-ready had arrived.
The wait was worth it; its SA trigger feel is flawless, as if produced off newly set up tools. The date on the HIT PATTERN DATA CHART was only 33 days prior to the call, lending credence to that probability, i.e., CZUB having just finally changed over to finally produce the backlogged/backordered units.
The 25m (27.34 yard) three-shot hit pattern was centered only 16.8mm (0.66") right of point-of-aim, not perfect but quite good for that distance, imho.
Wifey at the last minute as we were starting the paperwork at the LGS decided it should be my gun, not hers (she's still enamored over the ergonomics of her Walther CCP, even though it's Warranty Recall work left it with a decidedly less-nice trigger) so we had to process a refund of the deposit made in her name so that it could be bought under mine.
I couldn't get a useful answer out of CZ-USA regarding maximum suppressor diameter allowed by the elevated night sights, but with the piece in hand a few quick measurements (14mm barrel OD, ~10mm from barrel to bottom of front sight dot) suggests a 34mm maximum diameter can to avoid target masking. Unfortunately the silencers seem to come in 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" increments here in the USA, so I've got to decide if a 34.8mm OD (or another .4mm on radius) will leave too shallow of a sight picture in terms of side gaps. Suggestions welcomed!

Offline Dvrdwn72

Like it?

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
Like it?
LOVE it! Have now completed CGW-SRS-2 trigger job, and have pics, just need to get it written up (the fun part). "Stay tuned..." (and thanks for asking, Dvrdwn72!).
Here's the preview, showing the new Forward-most Single Action Trigger Position (FMSATP):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JyGCL01LHXv-SDMS_tCGcoz5ICG-Kq9v
Also featured (pre-trigger job) in: https://youtu.be/CtvfiJgTQic
This particular instance of CGW's 5 Thick (OEM) Trigger is the nicest of the four I've thus-far encountered; blunt, well-chamfered tip, very comfy vs. stock.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:58:46 AM by PappaWheelie »

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
After 50 weeks of waiting for the Tax Stamp, Happy Camper!
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=100026.msg828201#msg828201