Author Topic: Well, i did it!  (Read 3043 times)

2Munkeez

Well, i did it!
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »
it all started with a walk through a local Walmart.  i saw a CZ P-07 on the cover of a magazine and thought that it was beautiful.  i did some research and decided it was the gun for me.  HOWEVER, the more i read on it, the more i started thinking i'd rather have a gun i had never heard of - CZ P-01.  when i looked it up, i was unpleasantly surprised to see it was NOT priced the same as the P-07  :sad:  and with money the way it is for me right now (just bought a S.M.G.) i realized i had to sell something or i would not get the P-01.  well, my Glock 23 drew the short straw.  it was like losing an old friend because the Glock was actually my duty weapon for several years (LEO).  needles to say, it has A LOT of memories attached to it.  well, i sold it and ordered a P-01 without ever so much as holding one.  i just took a leap of faith.  well.... i do have a little evidence to suggest i will be comfortable with it -  i used a Jericho (Baby Eagle) when i went through the academy and it took CZ-75 mags.  i know it's a wicked stretch, but i took that to mean:  if i was comfortable with the Jericho, i would also be with the P-01.

i am very excited, i have felt like i was searching for the "just right" pistol every since i gave my Sig P250 to my wife.  i absolutely loved that gun and felt like it was everything i need.  then i saw her handle it and knew it was also just right for her  :smiley:

the kule part about all this is i make holster and sheaths.  so, i NEVER have to worry about the availibility of gear for a particular weapon.  i can buy whatever i want, then go make my own rig for it  :cool:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Well, i did it!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
           Welcome to the Forum! I knew exactly what you mean about your Duty weapon. I started with a Ruger Speed Six, and then when I discovered CZ's (CZ 75 Pre-B) went to that as my service weapon and general carry. Gave the Ruger to my older brother, because I knew he would give it a good home. I really loved that Wheel gun, But the CZ is just to go to pass up. Carried it daily for something like 30   years.

I'm going to guess you are from or in Boston? or at least Mass.? Only folks I ever heard use the term wicked in a description of anything other than a person.  :azn: . Anyway welcome glad you thought of us
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

2Munkeez

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:42:54 PM »
no offence to anyone there, but in order to get me into Mass, you'd have to render me unconcious (and then probably kill me when i wake up).  there are just certain places in which the laws are WAY TOO crazy for me to exist.  nah, i was born in FL.  most of my family was from Alaska, they/we are all Native Alaskans (Athabascin to be specific) and i spent 10yr of my childhood up there, but i am Floridian through and through.  i get the itch to head out West, AZ maybe, every now and then, but never do.

this gun has me really excited, i keep checking the order  online to see if they're any closer to actually getting in the mail.  they're not  :sad:

funny you mention the Ruger.  for a younger guy, i'm actually pretty comfortable with DA rev's and hope to one day get the DA on this CZ feeling like an old smoothed out S&W  :cool:   that P250 i gave the Ol' Lady had the sweetest D/A trigger i have ever felt with the Para LDA as the only exception.  i've lurked enough to realize Cajun Gun Works is the one to help get that kind of pull out of the Czeck.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »
          Well, how Shiny is that?! Honest I have never heard anyone used the term "wicked" other than from folks up that a way. Been to Alaska, or at least I think I was, there was/is some dispute as to whether the base was actually part in the Artic Circle or all in the US, but it was for sure cold enough to turn boiling water into snow, and I never got out of my parker the entire 2 weeks I was up there, but I did meet some Native Alaskans and it was a hoot. Me speaking La. Cajun English and them speaking Native Alaskan English, we drove the rest of the base up the wall. No one understood a word we said, then again we didn't know what either of us were saying either, which is what made it funnier. Turns out all of us were screwing around with the base personnel especially this one person we seriously disliked. When ever we were together and no one else from the base was around we spoke regular English.  :tongue: They were Civilian Contractors (read Guides) and I was there to drop off and install some equipment and no one on the base ranked me, because I was outside the Chain of Command, but we were still carefull about it.

Anyway that was way off topic, and again Welcome to the Forum.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

2Munkeez

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:13:41 PM »
LOL that's funny stuff.  yea, AK is a different kind of pace.

well..... the P-01 came home today  :grin:   i haven't had a lot of time to put it through the paces.  i broke it down, wiped off some of the grease, oiled the contact surfaces, and we ran about 20 rd through it. 

now i realize things can change.  i realize things can fall apart, break, it can start wearing out fast, whatever, BUT so far - i absolutely LOVE this pistol.  i feel like i finally found the perfect (for me) sidearm.  the search is over, i have it  :cool:

ii bought this thing sight unseen.  i had never so much as held one.  i have NO REGRETS, this thing is everything i hoped it would be!