Author Topic: A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power  (Read 6771 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »

This is a link to an article published in the Wall Street Journal / Law, It is a fascinating take on a totally different way to approach Gun Control, and modify it not break it entirely. He is basing his Arguments NOT on the 2nd Amendment but the 10Th which has to do with the Governments legal right to control commerce that does not cross State Lines. It's really a brilliant approach, and I wish him the best.

For what it's worth and I am NOT asking anyone to do the same, but since I happen to need some targets and Target Stands, I believe I will give him my business, as a personal support of his efforts. You all are as allways free to make up your own minds and do or not do whatever you chose.

Oh I allmost forgot to thank AuctionArms News on information about things that could effect weapons owners. Thanks AuctionArms.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304584404576442440490097046.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_3

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:24:18 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

Re: A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »
I'm SO happy to live in the intermountain west. Most of our politicians understand our desire to protect ourselves and our interests

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »
Interesting, especially in respect to the Wickard v. Filburn case.

I always laugh when U.S. farmers, who apparently get federal government permission (and subsidies) to plant some of their crops, call other people Communists.

It is even funnier when a country that calls us an ally, repeatedly tries to wreck our economy by dumping the resultant surplus of subsidised products on the world market! Your politicians then wonder why we find it so hard to persuade our politicians to upgrade our armed forces!

BUT, GETTING BACK TO YOUR POINT...please keep us updated
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Very interesting point you make. Our system of agriculture is a mess. The examples you raise, the amount of food we dispose of just to secure prices... People talk about starving kids in Asia/Africa... We have a couple here, too. But I don't think it's the farmers. Just some guy in office who had to sneak that line item in in order to feel good about whatever he was doing at the time.

Offline ZG47

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:26:11 PM »
"Temporary" WW2 bureaucracy, I think. That is where our producer boards came from. Took over 50 years to get rid of most of them.

Remember those weird British pub closing times? A WWI emergency measure to minimise drunkenness in munitions factories, that took approx. 90 years to get rid of.

Wickard v. Filburn was an excuse. Wartime was the opportunity to create a large bureaucracy which is now selfsustaining. In our country (mostly) Labour Party types get a job in the U.N., come back here, get into Parliament and then encourage the govt to enact this, sign that and create more opportunities for well-paid UN jobs for them and their friends OR leave Parliament, get a U.N. job and campaign from that end.

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:47 PM »
That's just like being a teacher in the US  :laugh:
Someone goes to a training, brings back a bunch of weird crap, and expects everyone else to fall in line. Only problem is, it usually works that we are forced to fall in line for the "progress of education". Bureaucracy is a hideous thing, and it gets worse as people become more comfortable to having its hands in their pockets, so to speak.

Offline ZG47

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »
Know what you mean.

I ran a Range on a voluntary basis for 14 years. When I took over we did not have a proper set of rules so I looked up our National Association's rules. Back in the early 70s one of the guys in our branch coordinated a decent safety guide but by the time I came along the whole thing was bastardised to suit the anything goes bunch. They had wriiten up a so-called cocking test ,whereby the range officer was directed not to move the bolt particularly fast or slow! Deliberate endangerment!

Needless to say, I ignored that nonsense and made my standards very clear. We never had a blow up and the only accidental discharges under my control were by over-eager partly deaf target shooters who were made to apologise to the detail before they all left the firing point!