Author Topic: NRA-ILA Alert for Florida URGENT ** ROUND 16 ** STOP Doctors Violating Patien  (Read 4663 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA

[font=]URGENT[/font]
[font=]** ROUND 16 **[/font]
[font=]STOP Doctors Violating Patients Gun Privacy Rights in Florida[/font]
[font=]
 DATE:       April 1, 2011
 TO:          USF & NRA Members and Friends
                USF Executive Director
                NRA Past President

[/font]
Senate Bill 432, [font=]introduced by state Senator Greg Evers (R-2),has ALSO been scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday, April 4 at 3:15 p.m. 

SB 432would stop anti-gun doctors from asking children and parents if they own guns and then telling them to get rid of their guns.  It further stops doctors from denying care to children if the parents refuse to answer questions about gun ownership.

This bill is designed to make doctors practice medicine NOT practice gun ban politics in their examination rooms.  As a parent or a patient you have a right to protect your privacy about gun ownership.  How many guns you own and where they are stored is your personal private information.

[/font]
[font=]The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is pushing its anti-gun agenda of banning and removing guns from homes in Florida. [/font][/b]
[font=]
 You must act quickly.  URGENT![/font]
[font=]The Senate Judiciary Committee Must Hear From You[/font][/b][font=]

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY EMAIL Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee -- They NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU NOW![/font]
[font=]In the subject line put: 

[/font]
[/u][/b][font=]SUPPORT SB-432 -- Stop Doctors from Violating Gun Privacy Rights [/font][/b][font=]
 (Block and Copy All email addresses into the "Send To" box. A few email providers require that you remove the commas following each email address)

[/font]
flores.anitere.web@flsenate.gov,

bogdanoff.ellyn.web@flsenate.gov,

braynon.oscar.web@flsenate.gov,

joyner.arthenia.web@flsenate.gov,

richter.garrett.web@flsenate.gov,

simmons.david.web@flsenate.gov,

thrasher.john.web@flsenate.gov
 [font=]BACKGROUND[/font][/u][/b][font=]
 Doctors need to treat illness, not guns.  Pediatricians and other physicians, in growing numbers, are prying into our personal lives, invading our privacy and straying from issues relating to disease and medicine by questioning children or their parents about gun ownership.

We take our children to physicians for medical care, not moral judgment, political harassment and privacy intrusions - and that is what SB 432 intends to prohibit.

This bill comes in answer to families who are complaining about the growing political agenda being carried out in examination rooms by doctors and medical staffs - and the arrogant berating if a patient refuses to answer questions that violate privacy rights and offend common decency.

Horrified parents have described nurses entering the answers to gun questions into laptop computers to become a part of medical records. Parents have become concerned about whether those records can be used by the government or by insurance companies to deny health care coverage because a family exercises a civil right in owning firearms.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Medical Association are pushing this gun ban agenda. The website of the AAP makes it clear its goal is to ban guns and to prevent parents from having guns in their homes or vehicles.

The intent of some may be to stop death from firearms accidents, but it is worth noting that, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics, doctors and medical staffs in Florida are responsible for six times more accidental deaths (called "Medical Misadventures") than firearms accidents. Physicians have plenty of room to work in their own backyards to stop accidental deaths in keeping with their "first do no harm" medical oaths.

Keeping children and families safe is a worthy goal, but physicians should focus on what happens to children and patients in their offices and hospitals. Doctors should practice medicine rather than behave like social workers, gun monitors or gun registration bureaus.

As parents, we are responsible for our children's safety. We don't need doctors pushing their anti-gun politics on us or our children. We need them to spend their time practicing medicine and not prying into our personal lives on issues that have nothing to do with disease, its cure, or its eradication.

We know that many doctors don't interrogate their patients about what private personal property they own.  This bill is not about them.  SB 432 is about stopping the anti-gun doctors who violate privacy rights, try to offer unsolicited political advice to patients and become abusive when patients refuse to be bullied. 

Please read the opinion of Dr. Timothy Wheeler with Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership at the Claremont Institute, Doctor’s Office Not the Place for Anti-Gun Politics in the Sun Sentinel. You can read the article by clicking [/font]
here.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
HA HA HA! I carry my gun into my son's pediatrician's office, and they don't say squat! I've been there enough that they know I'm not going to shoot up th place. Also, I'm not going to stop carrying in there unless they ask me to stop, or post signs with the appropriate language. In TN if there's just a slashed circle over a gun, its not a valid sign. It has to have the TCA code language on it to be valid.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
     OK Lets just be honest here. This law is beyond absurd! But just because it's whacked doesn't mean it won't pass or could pass. This is Florida. The government does what ever the hell it feels like. If the is 2 LEO departments in this state that have the same training and interpet the same laws the same way, I have yet to find them. Even the State Police don't even know if they are supposed to write tickets for motorest crossing a solid White line or a solid yellow line. Seriously Solid yellow line and folks cross it ever day and no one gives a hoot not even the LEO they did it in front of!. I was a LEO! I was a Mamber of the American association of Law Enforcement Trainers (They no longer exist BTW but the point is I do know how to instruct law enforcement.) So it's a toss up wether they actually pass this bill or not. I rather call the stupid putzes and tell them to whiz up a rope, than ignore this and find out it gets passed.
The Nightmare would be unending.
     This is a CCW State, They are seriously making it an open carry state again. Yet this bill actually could pass. Go figure. Hell for that matter this state has the or one of the highest percentages of Doctor's disbared from other states in the country. I read that in the paper a few years ago and I have no reason to think it's changed. Let me refraze that. RUMOUR has it that Florida has a HIGH percentage of doctors that have been kicked out on practicing Medicine in other states.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice