Author Topic: Tom Knapp  (Read 42547 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Tom Knapp
« on: May 07, 2013, 03:26:44 PM »
            This past April 26 one of the greatest shooters of our time died, from Pulmonary Fibrosis, he was 62.  I never had the privilege to meet the man, but I have heard about him for a lot of years. He set shooting records, which still haven't been broken to this day. Stories about him are legion, he set one World Record by hurling 10 sporting clays into the air and shooting each before it hit the ground. He was on a show I watched a long time ago, where he would shoot a bullet through the eye of a washer tossed in the air. They did a high speed camera shot of that and then slowed it down so people could see the bullet pass through the washer them selves.

Mr. Knapp was from Minnesota, and lived in Elk River. He will be sadly missed by everyone that know him, and others that only heard of him, but knew his history. Mr. Knapp was one the CZ-USA's Team and a spokesperson, and used a CZ 712 for his shooting demonstrations.

Mr. Knapp may have died, but his legend will live on for a long time, the shooting world will miss him and I would like to take this time to extend my condolences to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

WayneJessie

Re: Tom Knapp
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »
I remember watching him when he did shows with Benelli. Not only a tremendous trick-shooter but a showman as well. Finding someone with both is as rare as an honest politician.

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »
Condolences to his friends and family.

valvestem

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 09:43:20 AM »
Rest in Peace Mr. Knapp.  I saw you in action many times through the years on television.

Offline CZ Taiji

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »

Wow, i have so much to learn. That dude is awesome, very talented with a good sense of humor. benelli salad lol; i'd say that's a performance goal for many shooters imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpv0yZC3iMM
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:43:10 AM by CZ Taiji »
didn't teach us this in school!

"A free people ought to be armed."
- George Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocksarge

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
I truly enjoyed meeting the man at the 2008 SHOT Show in Orlando.  Made me feel like the only person in the room when I was talking to him.  He took lots of time giving tips and tricks to my 14 year old brother in law at the time too.  He is definitely missed.