Author Topic: DAn Wesson Model 11  (Read 5783 times)

duke

DAn Wesson Model 11
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »
I just joined this board today. Surprised to see the Dan Wesson is part of CZ.  My first handgun, my favorite handgun, is my DW model 11.  I still have it, purchased in 1975.  I used it for deer hunting kill shots, for target shooting, even to shoot Halibut in the head before pulling them into the boat while commercial fishing in the Alaska.

b5.5dan

Re: DAn Wesson Model 11
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
Well first of all, Welcome to The CZ FORUM! We're glad to have you, and hope to see lots of you in the future!

Second, I was surprised to learn that CZ and DW were connected as well. I figured that the 97B/BD were sort of, for lack of a better phrase, "European 1911s", but since CZ doesn't do much (well, anything) else with the .45 ACP, it's a great pairing.

I love me some .45 shooting, but can't afford a DW (I love my RIA, but it's no race gun). I want a really nice 1911, and when I'm finally able to purchase one, it will be a Wesson!  :cheesy:

Again, welcome aboard, and I'd love to see a link to some pics of your firearm!

duke

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
Here you go.  :smiley:

[attachment deleted by admin]

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 01:02:06 AM »
Very nice! I don't own any wheel guns, but I think it's about time I picked one up!

duke

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 08:35:13 PM »
haha, so I'm in the shop picking up my CZ75.  There's this guy who picks up the DW11 I had previously traded in and he's loving it.  He asks the owner if it's a good gun.  I blurt out, yea, I owned that for 35 yrs, it's a great gun!

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »
That's awesome! Do you feel like it's going to a good home? I always feel that way about the cars I have used for long periods of time. I sold a 1981 VW Rabbit (love/hate, like all VW relationships) for far less than it was worth because I knew the buyer would keep her on the road for another 15 years.

duke

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 05:36:46 AM »
Yes and you sound just like me.  I just sold (and still have seller's remorse) a VW Thing 1974 that I've owned for years.  It was part of our family.  I just couldn't let it sit anymore, I'm self employed and just had no time to enjoy it anymore.  So sold it to a VW nut!  It went to a good home.  Check out www.rossvw.com, and you'll see this guy's collection. Unbelievable.

haha,  I also sold my beloved 1981 VW Rabbit pickup last year.  It too went to a good home, someone who had the time to fix and keep her going.