Author Topic: New Memeber would like to know what to ask for his CZ 550 FS  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Panoply

New Memeber would like to know what to ask for his CZ 550 FS
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:52:34 AM »
Hello Everyone,
A couple of years ago I bought a CZ 550 FS in .308.  At the time I wasn't doing any shooting as I was dealing with newly diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis affecting my Right Wrist as well as other places.  It turns out that it was necessary to have my right wrist fused (a steel rod running from the middle finger knuckle to mid forearm).  After this healed sufficiently, I took my rifle out to the range.  Turns out I can't fire a .308 comfortably, so I'm stuck with a 'White Elephant.'

Ideally, I'd trade it for another 550 FS (i love the rifle, just can't handle the caliber) but will likely end up having to simply sell it.  I'd like to do this locally so as to make things simpler.  It's in absolutely perfect condition and has had less than 40 rounds run through it.  What is a fair price?  Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks & Be Well,
Jeremy
Be Well & God Bless

b5.5dan

Re: New Memeber would like to know what to ask for his CZ 550 FS
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:58:46 AM »
Well, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry about your wrist. As to the price, firearms don't lose much on resale if they're in good shape, and sometimes go up. The economy's humped, so factor that in. Then again, that may not matter. I wish i could buy her...      

Offline Panoply

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
What all is involved in selling firearms to a person geographically far away?  I know that you must ship to someone with an FFL on the receiving side, but that's all.  Selling that way is certain to give me a bigger potential buyer base.

Be Well!
Jeremy
Be Well & God Bless

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:05:23 PM »
         Basically what you posted is about all there is. The weapon needs to be shipped with a copy of an FFL in with it. It also has to go to a FFL holder, pretty much the one that proved the FFL is the one that receives it. There will be or should be an exchange of info about who now owns the weapon, with serial numbers, description, and photo ID. Also depending on the State there may be other things involved. Feel free anyone to jump in and correct this if I have it wrong. I have allways used my gun dealer to handle transfers except for FTF deals, Then it's trade DL, copy serial numbers, despription and amount in writting.

I primarily buy on line from GunBroker.com and or AuctionArms.com. And now that I am going to try selling some of my collection I will be using them to sell through also. Both are well though of and do a decent job of working with all parties during transactions. But if there is a problem with the purchase they will look into the matter and try to resolve it, BUT you have to try working things out between buyer and seller, before you involve them. You should check the rules for both places as I may well have my information mixed up.

Also before you put your longgun up for trade or sale you should do a web search, with MSN, Google, Firefox, etc to get a rough idea what your weapon is going for at this time. Then if you still want to sell or trade, you can put a value on it you can live with.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice