Author Topic: Armalite M15 Service Model  (Read 9055 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Armalite M15 Service Model
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »
       Well this IS the General firearms collecting forum and Accessories that happen to be part of any particular weapon, or used in conjunction with could possibly be stretched to include tools and Transportion in the fullness of understanding the weapons being collected, where, when and how they were used and what else was part of the gear and their history................................ :cool:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: Armalite M15 Service Model
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »
Good sights, no barrel mirage problems, easy magazine insertion, no clumsy old Remington safety lever! What's not to love? :grin:

P.S. Disposal of "surplus" gear often has more to do with personal contacts than logic. Our own army sold off too many items of tropical uniform to a retired colonel's army surplus chain and then had to buy some back, during the post Vietnam era.

The U.S. Army went away from locally based regiments after Civil War wiped out virtually all the men from some towns in a single battle. British Empire did not suffer anything like that until Somme, etc. Maintenance of regimental and Corps traditions may have reduced premature disposal of items that weren't really surplus, after WWI and WWII.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:07:59 PM by ZG47 »
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.