Author Topic: "The List"  (Read 6799 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
"The List"
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
         Here it is the first few names and url's for other forums regarding CZ's. If no one on this Forum can answer your CZ question, then we hope you can find what you need on one fo these. Best of luck, and if you find your answer please try to remember to pop in here and share the answe and where you got it. Give credit where credit is do.
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/index.php = Canadian Guns and Firearms Discussion Forums
http://www.calguns.net/ = The California Firearms Owner's Home On The Internet
http://www.czfirearms.us/ = A CZ Forum
http://www.thehighroad.org/ = A forum devoted to responsible gun ownership
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php =A forum with goobs of information on CZ and Brno's
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=200 =mostly from a competition perspective.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:31:47 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Ulysses

Re: "The List"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »
Well, I feel honoured to have planted the seed of what hopefully will allow all members more opportunities to share their knowledge and passion for CZ firearms. In my introductory post, I mentioned the "Red Rifles" section of the Canadian GunNutz forum, which probably has the single largest collection anywhere of information about the Samopal (SA) VZ-58 and CZ-858 rifles, made in the Czech Republic. Much of that information is applicable to the various United States manufacturers of the -58 semi-auto rifles (I won't even try and list the various companies).

Canadians have been importing, shooting, modifying and "pimping" the VZ-58 platform for many years - long before it became known in the United States. Partially this was because the AK-47 and all variants are banned in Canada, whereas the VZ-58's have been readily available and relatively inexpensive. They have proven to be a high-quality, lightweight and durable firearm.

There are several companies in Canada that make aftermarket parts for improving and modernizing the -58, and some of these are now being imported into the United States by various dealers. Unlike the United States, where an imported firearm has to have a percentage of its parts "American Made", in Canada we have always imported these rifles directly from the CZ factory in the Czech Republic, and there is no requirement for "Canadian Content". First-time visitors to the Canadian sites may find the terminology and legal aspects a bit confusing - but that does not interfere with the wealth of knowledge available.

An often overlooked source of information about the VZ-58/CZ-858 semi-auto rifles is, (believe it or not) Youtube. There are literally hundreds of videos posted there by owners - videos that describe everything from field-stripping, detail bolt stripping, cleaning methods when using east-bloc surplus ammunition, sighting systems, rail, grip, and handguard systems, modifications, range shooting - the list goes on and on.

Another good source for information on CZ and BRNO firearms is the CZ/BRNO section of RimfireCentral.com

This group specializes in the .17 and .22 CZ and BRNO rimfire long arms, but there's also a good section on CZ centerfire rifles. You will find a great storehouse of information on the various CZ hunting rifles, sights, rings, parts sources, interchangeability and availability, the history of BRNO and CZ  - and plenty of mouthwatering pics under the headings "Show Us Your Brno's" and "Show Us Your CZ's".

There are many members with encyclopedic knowledge of all things CZ, including some from the former Czecheslovakia and current Czech Republic who actually work for, or have worked for, CZ and BRNO. I have found them to be an amiable and helpful group, and the accumulated FAQ's on various subjects are really impressive. So, there's another link for all you CZ fans to have a peek at. As with CGN, membership is free and signing up takes only a few moments.

Sorry to have gone on at such great length; I hope this information will be of some use to other CZ afficianados!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:33:19 PM by Ulysses »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »
I'll add the RimfireCentral.com to the list. thaks for sharing.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

american lockpicker

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 10:35:06 PM »
Canadian Gun Nutz is a decent forum I'm a member there. You see a lot of guns on there that aren't available here like Tavors, some HKs, Norincos and of course the Vz.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
 What about collectable CZ only found outside the US, The first of which come to mind the CZ 75 Short Rail? And just for kicks if you wanted to buy any of the weapons for Canada, How much trouble is it to import them/it? Canada is freaky crazy about firearms. I belonged to the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) and one year since the annual meeting rotated around the US Canada said why can't we play also? So Canada was selected, However when it was selected no one thought to check on its firearms laws.

Actually unless the Manufacture of either the Firearms or the Body Armor wasn't in Canada allready and doing business there as a Canadian Company, I don't remember who should up, but it was more than one or 2 if that many. Canada demanded that fire arms and body armor be shipped 6 months in advance to a bonded facility, a detailed list of every single item shipped no matter what it was, a $500,000 USD insurance bond be placed, and when the show was over the process was to be reversed.  Which meant those companies were out that much stock for an entire year and in the weapons makers case that inventory amounted to hundreds of thousands if not million(s) of dollars. Not counting red tape and fees
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:03:51 PM by GhostWarrior »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »
            Canada flat out refused to allow even the Chiefs of Police, from ANY country to bring their personal firearm(s) into Canada, not even their security details. Oh and that included the head of the US Marshalls, the FBI, or any other Federal or state agency that normally attended the conventions. That was a fun year, let me tell you. And, because of that, the rules were changed to read that the IACP would ONLY ever meet inside the US Borders, in any state at all that choose to host the convention. And that included any and all Territories', Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands etc. ANYwhere but outside US territorial borders.

So that's why I ask about importing from Canada, and what hoops someone had to jump through to get permission and I have no idea why I had to do this in two replies, but everytime I tried to send it as one rely I got and internal server 505 error msg.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:06:25 PM by GhostWarrior »

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
Brianenos.com/forums has a CZ section
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=200

mostly from a competition perspective.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 05:32:36 AM »
It's on this list now. Thanks for the post so I could add them.