Author Topic: BULLET MANUFACTURING COMPANIES / BARRELS & BULLETS  (Read 15693 times)

Steve H.

BULLET MANUFACTURING COMPANIES / BARRELS & BULLETS
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:50:56 PM »
Bullet Manufacturers:

http://www.reloadammo.com/relbul3.html

Hardness - Optimized Bullets
http://www.missouribullet.com/technical.php

Article By: Buffalo Bore
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=59

Barrels & Bullets: Conventional Versus Polygonal Rifling

Polygonal Rifling: It's not a good ideal to shoot non-jacketed lead bullets out of barrels with polygonal rifling. ????

Conventional Rifling: The ability to use cartridges with jacketed and non-jacketed lead bullets.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:17:20 PM by Steve H. »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: BULLET MANUFACTURING COMPANIES
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 01:51:21 PM »
I am also doing a copy and paste of your other post regarding this. Thanks for finding them and posting them. This topic is going to be a sticky so everyone can find it straight away.

OfflineSteve H.

RELOADING 9mm / Bullet Mfg's / Where to START « on: January 02, 2013, 03:40:00 PM » As a Newbie member to CZF and now a Newbie starting to reload. I've been searching the web for as much info as possible. I came across this web site: http://www.oocities.org/hayes1966/reloading9mm.htm
       RELOADING 9MM

Written by a member of CZF with info from other members. All information is written mainly for CZ 75
:smiley: :smiley: There might be some info to be up dated. But, THIS IS THE STARTING POINT FOR ALL NEWBIE'S

Bullet Mfg's.   
http://www.reloadammo.com/relbul3.htm

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:12:21 PM by Steve H. »   and again today the 07th of Feb 2013 by GW
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:53:51 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:58:01 AM »
A year or so ago I found Precision Delta as a supplier for bullets.  These are FMJ bullets at a fantastic price.  Their price includes shipping !
http://www.precisiondelta.com/detail.php?sku=B-9-124-FMJ

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »
WOW!!! 8 week backlog..... :shocked:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »
A year or so ago I found Precision Delta as a supplier for bullets.  These are FMJ bullets at a fantastic price.  Their price includes shipping !
http://www.precisiondelta.com/detail.php?sku=B-9-124-FMJ

I was looking at the site. The prices seem very fair, but how would you rate their accuracy, and reloading lifetime? I am trying to get as much as I possibly can ordered for both reloading and completed rounds. Considering the time frame for almost everyone in getting stock and then shipping it, the sooner I get any order together the better.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 02:54:42 PM »
WOW!!! 8 week backlog..... :shocked:
I have not ordered since the re-election.  They used to be two to three weeks.
They are first class bullets though.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 04:26:15 PM »
 Great, I'll get on the waiting list. And yes, the shortage is appalling, and when I spoke to some/most? of the ammo Mfg. at the Shot Show in Vegas, they all said basically the same thing, they are running at full tilt, and still can't keep up with demand. To the point they are cutting back big time on sending out Test and evaluation samples to test. Some said they would send some to me, and I will e-mail them with the reminder and request.

I ordered some equipment to use when we test ammunition and pistols from now on. One is a camera system that will enable the shooter to see where they hit on the target without having to walk back and forth to the target. It also can keep track of up to 5 different shooters on the same target and stores the information. The other is a Ransom Vice that I will be using for the CZ 75/85's and for the CZ 52. I already have a Chronograph so with all three of those plus a video camera to film the whole song and dance, we should be able to get a lot of good information on how accurate a pistol is out the box, broken in. before and after different customizations and whatever else we can think of that I have forgotten to add here. Don't have one for Rifles yet but maybe soon.

AVG has being doing a bang up job with testing at his end, and since he is our official long gun evaluator I think we should do the same thing on his end. The tricky part is finding the money to get all of it. We’ll see how things go.

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: BULLET MANUFACTURING COMPANIES / BARRELS & BULLETS
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 10:26:27 AM »
I've been loading Rainier plated bullets (9mm & 40cal) since the early 90's with good results. Prices generally fall about halfway in between lead cast/swaged and jacketed bullets. If you're just punching paper and killing tin cans then they are a good choice. I have found them to be as accurate as anything else. You load them to same weight "lead" bullet recipes. They feed better than lead bullets and you don't have the "lead-in-air" health concerns. They now have hollow points which makes them even more versatile.

I've shot them through an HK P7M10 and Kahr PM40 both of which have polygonal rifling. No problems whatsoever. The plating is thick and even conventional (sharp-edged) rifling does not cut thtough the copper.
Berry is another source that make quality plated bullets.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
Hello all

The CZ Guide to reloading 9mm that Ghost Warrior provided in the 2nd post in this thread is great!  However, it looks like it got cut off before completing.  Is there more to this guide?  If so, can you please do an edit to the post to ad it, or make another sticky with the remainder of the document?

Thanks much!
Geobob
US Navy P-3 Pilot, US Army Huey & Blackhawk Pilot (ret.)

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:46:49 PM »
Please tell me where what you read ended and I'll see if I can finish it. Sorry about the confussion.

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
Hi Ghost Warrior
The document ends in section V. Primers, under D. Safety Concerns......
It looks like the document is missing the rest of that part of Primers, and all of the remaining sections:  VI. Tips and Techniques and VII. Parting Shots
It would be really great if you can upload the remaining portion as a sticky, or amend the exisiting doc.  I really want to see the rest - very, very good info there.
Thanks much!
Geobob

Larry

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »
Lurking member, nothing previously useful to post.  :grin:
The article was updated, link below.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=31914.0

Larry

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »
Hi Larry

Thanks for the link;  yes - I also checked CZFirearms after my last post and sent that info to GhostWarrior.  Good info.  Thanks again for following up and providing that link - much appreciated!
Geobob